Help with GSCE and Fanatec CSW v2

I recently upgraded from my Fanatec CSW v1 to the v2 and have been unsuccessfully trying to get my FFB settings dialed in. Although I was able to get most of the FFB adjusted to my liking, I continue to have a major problem with very sharp (I mean really sharp) rattling and shaking in a few track sections and especially in the pit lanes. This is much more pronounced with the Karts, but it's also noticeable with a few of the other cars (again, especially in some of the pit lanes). I assume that the FFB is supposed to be simulating "bumps" on portions of the track and pit road surface, but the extremely sharp rattling and shaking is even stronger than running over the track rumble strips. I never had this problem with my v1.
I finally decided to start from all over and reset my wheel to it's defaults (except SEN-wheel angle,which is different from car to car). I've also gone back to mostly default setting within GSCE, (now using the unmodified and original ReelFeelPlugin.ini and set the in game FFB type to "wheel", FFB effects to "low" and FFB strength to "-60"). This works OK, but the periodic and extremely sharp rattles and shakes on the pit lanes and a few track sections remain.
I have searched the forums and web for days, but haven't found a good solution yet. I'm starting to wonder if my v2 has a defect. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

I'd been toying with settings on my CSW v2 since yesterday and was able to tone down some of the sharp "rattling", somewhat but couldn't seem to stop it entirely without lowering the FFB to almost nothing. I finally decided it almost had to be a mechanical problem and I would have to send it back to Fanatec for repair/replacement. As I began to frustratingly remove it from it's mounts, I discovered that the retaining bolt for my Formula steering wheel was only finger tight. Long story short(er), I tightened up the retaining bolt, tested my setup again, and my problems seem to be solved! Seems that since the retaining bolt was loose, it was allowing just enough slack between my wheel and the shaft to dramatically amplify the sharp FFB vibrations felt and heard. I feel like an idiot! I'm still not sure if the problem arose from me neglecting to tighten the bolt when I installed my steering wheel, or if the stronger FFB that the CSW v2 creates loosened it. So if anyone else encounters this type of problem, check your steering wheel retaining bolt FIRST! Thanks again for your help Patrick, keep up the great work! I wish I had a fraction of your creative talents. The same goes to Reiza, for developing and continuing to improve best sim out there!

Retaining bolt? Is that the one that goes on the quick release to hold it tight?
I'm asking because I haven't been installing the bolt on my quick release, but I am encountering what's sound to be the same issue, I have been playing race room experience and I have force feed back to 60% and it feels and sounds like the whole base is falling apart, it vibrates and shakes so hard the the USB cable on occasion falls out. I have had it happen on gsce as well at one point I thought the window on top of the base had come apart, I can't pin point the problem.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 303 13.2%