Help with Eyefinity Bezel Compensation

I have an HIS/AMD-ATI (whatever they are now) 6970 Graphics card with Eyefinity in a 3 x ASUS 24" monitor config.

My problem is when I try and adjust the Bezel compensation, it seems to have no effect on how rFactor looks in game. There is the same amount of paralax between monitors due to the bezels (which are about about 1.5 cm each).

Anyone know how to fix this?

I don't know what most of the options in the rFactorConfig utility do. Tried checking ON V-Sync and it didn't seem to change anything I could notice. Checking ON Multiview made it worse.

Thanks,
Ivan

In config, make sure you select the proper resolution. It may be on something like 5700 x 1900. Now that you've adjusted the bezel in eye-finity, you should see an option like 6080 x 1900 or something. Select that one.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Each monitor is 1,920 x 1,080. So I use 5,760 x 1,080 in rFactorConfig.

I did some research and found out how Multiview works and may give that a try but they say there is a significant hit on FPS.

Poblem I have is that Bezel Compensation changes alignment on displays in Windows, ie. I can compensate to make lines transition fine across monitors out-of-game, but in-game it seems to have zero effect on how image is displayed! :(

It doesn't bother me much when racing, just that I am a tweaker and seek perfection in all things big and small :p

Thanks for you suggestions though Danny!

Upvote 0
I run pCARS rather than iRacing but I too run 3 x 24" 1920 x 1080 monitors. You would think that 5760x1080 would be the usual maximum but my 'bezel adjusted' resolution is greater than this, as Danny suggested. Try running through the resolution options on your setup and you will probably find that your highest resolution option is indeed 6xxx x 1080. Give this a try.

Upvote 0
It is but are factor does not let you adjust the angle. Your wing screens need to be positioned at a precise angle. It also taxes your PC more and works at lower fps.

I'm going to try it to see if it really is better overall.

Upvote 0
Tried out Multiview using FSR mod @ Monaco. I think it's problematic in rFactor without ability to adjust angles.

With Multiview on:
ad3bef58-813f-55cb.jpg

ad3bef58-8175-1c83.jpg

Also mirror looks small an far away.
ad3bef58-81ad-7b03.jpg

With stretched standard non-Multiview:
ad3bef58-8204-8f0a.jpg

ad3bef58-828e-0edd.jpg

ad3bef58-82c1-39af.jpg

Mirror is stretched but otherwise angles look good. Given that they are in my peripheral it seems preferable to me. YMMV :)

Also, I found that FPS was still OK for my rig - Intel Core Duo 2.6 GHz.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back