Help with downloading mods

You guys have probably seen threads similar to this but couldn't find an answer to my problem. My problem is when I download the mod and cut/paste it into the packages folder it doesn't show up in the launcher with all the content and steam mods. I was able to get 1 mod to work but that was it (probably because it was a RFCMP file). The other mods I tried to install were either RAR, 7z, or compressed zip files and none of them have worked. I probably won't reply to anything for a while as I have stuff to do in the morning. Thanks in advanced for any help.

Just to confirm you are unzipping the files first?
And then I think you put them in the locations folder for tracks and vehicles folder for cars.
I may be wrong though. I just subscribe to the Steam Workshop items and let it do it's thing. Far easier.

Only RFCMP files should go into your Packages directory so they can be recognized by the game.
If the RFCMP file is in a zipped container then it first needs to be unzipped to expose the RFCMP file!

Last edited:
Along the lines of this thread....
I recently came back to RF2, after a few months away.
I've subscribed to a few mods on Steam and they do show up in game.
Having found that Enduracer did an update to one of the mod I had, I downloaded it and went to extract it to my 'Packages' folder.
I don't seem to have one anymore.
No Packages.PNG

Just to confirm you are unzipping the files first?
And then I think you put them in the locations folder for tracks and vehicles folder for cars.
I may be wrong though. I just subscribe to the Steam Workshop items and let it do it's thing. Far easier.
Yes I unzipped the files and put them in packages but launcher didn't recognize.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back