Help with Cube Controls Formula Lite clutch paddles

I recently purchased a Cube Controls Formula Lite wheel and haven't figured out how to get the clutch paddles to work correctly.

In F1 2019 the paddles are not recognized. In DIView the Z Axis for the Cube Controls Formula Wheel shows 4880 (7.45%) when released and about 18000 (about 27%) when fully depressed which might be why F1 2019 isn't recognizing them. Assetto Corsa Competizione shows similar percentages in their input setup which are not correctable using their"Maximum Limit" settings for the clutch

Unfortunately, I cannot find any forums, support pages or manuals for the wheel, so I'm not sure if I have something setup wrong or I'm missing some remapping software that will remap the analog inputs to full range. If anyone could help, that would be appreciated.

Also, if there are any other Cube Controls Formula wheel users that could verify their clutch paddle input values, that might help to identify if I have a bad wheel.

Thanks!
John

I recently purchased a Cube Controls Formula Lite wheel and haven't figured out how to get the clutch paddles to work correctly.

In F1 2019 the paddles are not recognized. In DIView the Z Axis for the Cube Controls Formula Wheel shows 4880 (7.45%) when released and about 18000 (about 27%) when fully depressed which might be why F1 2019 isn't recognizing them. Assetto Corsa Competizione shows similar percentages in their input setup which are not correctable using their"Maximum Limit" settings for the clutch

Unfortunately, I cannot find any forums, support pages or manuals for the wheel, so I'm not sure if I have something setup wrong or I'm missing some remapping software that will remap the analog inputs to full range. If anyone could help, that would be appreciated.

Also, if there are any other Cube Controls Formula wheel users that could verify their clutch paddle input values, that might help to identify if I have a bad wheel.

Thanks!
John

In case anyone else made the rookie mistake that I did, I found the solution: The Cube Controls settings panel in the Windows Game Controllers window has calibration functionality to remap the analog clutch paddles.

John

Upvote 0
Hi John, glad you fixed the problem. Can you say how you are getting on with the wheel, and what you think of it generally? I am thinking of going with one of Cube's new wireless GT wheels and wonder what you think of yours? I've seen Barry's reviews at SRG, but as you say there isn't too much else around about these wheels.

Upvote 0
Barry's review was fairly accurate, I'd say. The build quality is very good.

I like all of the adjustments that can be made to the paddles, which I don't remember him mentioning. Also, I like the new paddles more than the paddles on his unit. I think they updated the paddles to not have the hole in the middle.

Additionally, they updated the USB connector so instead of going straight down, it goes towards the back of the wheel.

I wish the buttons had a little bit more resistance as they are a bit less clicky than I like. I really like to feel the action very clearly. But this is being a bit picky.

Speaking of picky, I'm not crazy about the stickers on and around the buttons as they do come up a little. I'm not sure how long they will last. Though it has it's own drawbacks, I liked the replaceable printed button caps on my McLaren GT3 wheel. But this is a fine point.

I'll also comment that support was very good. I emailed Cube Controls with my question. While I had figured it out myself before I heard a reply (due to time difference), they replied within 24 hours with the solution and also a copy of the manual in PDF, which wasn't included with my wheel.

Hope that helps! If you end up going for it, let me know what you think. I've been looking around for a good GT wheel for my new setup.

John

Upvote 0
I have the formula pro rim, agree with your comments, had to send mine back because one of the shifters kept sticking but the customer service was great and they picked it up and replaced both. I had the same problem with the clutch pedals glad I saw your solution

Upvote 0
In case anyone else made the rookie mistake that I did, I found the solution: The Cube Controls settings panel in the Windows Game Controllers window has calibration functionality to remap the analog clutch paddles.

John
Hmmm can you elaborate on this? Am having the same issues. Thanks

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.3%
  • < 4 years