F1 2010 Help with Big One Trophy!

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
Hello!

I can´t get this trophy! The leading team doesn´t offer me a contract and i was always champion starting from the second season! In the second year (was in mclaren) i was forced to sign with Ferrari (i couldn´t turn down the offer), in the third year it was Mercedes, in the forth year Red Bull and in the 14thrace of the 5fifht season Ferrari as made an offer with the turn down option not avaiable! I´m with Red Bull and i´ve already took the Championship...can anybody help me? Thanks

If the Decline option is not available, simply ignore Ferrari's contract offer and keep going with the season, and hope that RBR will offer you one before the end of the season.

How did you get your RBR contract? Did you make Vettel or Webber one of your rivals? Sometimes if you identify someone as your rival and you beat them in the Championship, the team offers you a contract no matter what your reputation level. Perhaps you accepted the RBR contract too early and now you don't have a sufficient reputation level for RBR to offer you a new one?

Maybe thats why you're getting only Ferrari and Mercedes. Maybe your rival you chose for this season was Alonso or Massa, and you beat them in the Championship, and your reputation level is good enough for Mercedes to offer you a contract?

How did you get your RBR contract? Did you make Vettel or Webber one of your rivals? Sometimes if you identify someone as your rival and you beat them in the Championship, the team offers you a contract no matter what your reputation level. Perhaps you accepted the RBR contract too early and now you don't have a sufficient reputation level for RBR to offer you a new one?

Maybe thats why you're getting only Ferrari and Mercedes. Maybe your rival you chose for this season was Alonso or Massa, and you beat them in the Championship, and your reputation level is good enough for Mercedes to offer you a contract?

Hum...what you said make sense. In my first season with Lotus i made button as my rival and two races after i was given a mclaren contract (with low reputation). In the others years i went always to team of my rival and in my current season i choose alonso because is in second (the other options was hamilton and button). In the moment i have 35 of reputation. I will wait until the end of the season..maybe RBR offer me a contract, but if i´m obligated to go to mercedes..i´m going to stick to the until the end of my carrer.

If that is the reason i think is quite stupid. Even that my reputation was 1...not hiring the driver that conquer the Champions driver title and give a lesson in how to drive to the team mate...well..it´s stupid i think.

Yea it's a pretty tough system. The reputation levels are quite annoying. I think they do it to make the game feel more realistic, and make you stay with a low rank team for maybe 2-3 seasons before you build up a really good reputation then join one of the big teams later on in your career. But obviously when you jump to a high rank team too early you'll end up changing teams basically every season.

If you want a quick fix to your problem, try the Career Reputation points mod: http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2010-mods/44180-download-career-reputation-points-mod.html

It will alter the points you need to level up, and so you can increase your reputation high enough that RBR or another of the big teams will offer you a contract. (if you use it, make sure you read the instructions, because you'll need to also get the savefix patch from RDDev).

Hope that helps.

Yea it's a pretty tough system. The reputation levels are quite annoying. I think they do it to make the game feel more realistic, and make you stay with a low rank team for maybe 2-3 seasons before you build up a really good reputation then join one of the big teams later on in your career. But obviously when you jump to a high rank team too early you'll end up changing teams basically every season.

If you want a quick fix to your problem, try the Career Reputation points mod: http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2010-mods/44180-download-career-reputation-points-mod.html

It will alter the points you need to level up, and so you can increase your reputation high enough that RBR or another of the big teams will offer you a contract. (if you use it, make sure you read the instructions, because you'll need to also get the savefix patch from RDDev).

Hope that helps.

It would help if i was playing the game in a pc, but i´m playing it in a ps3...lol. But thanks for your attention! I will probably begin a new carrer mode with lotus and stick to it until i clinch a constructures title!

how do you know who you make your rival?

Around about the 12th race of the season (somewhere between Silverstone and Spa) the interviewer outside your team van or the press conference will ask you who you think is your closest rival. Whoever you choose on that question is your rival. If you forgot who you chose, you can find him during races by looking for the blue dot. Blue dot is your rival, red dot is your teammate, white is obviously everybody else.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.4%