Help with a new HP Reverb G2 - view is messed up etc

Have been running ACC for a year using Oculus Rift - all good. Just replaced the Rift with a new HP Reverb G2 headset, ran thru the Mixed Reality Portal setup and it works fine, tracks cleanly etc. in the portal. Start up ACC - disaster. I select "run in Steam VR" mode and it takes me into a kind of hellscape in the roof of the garage menu. I can see the 2D menu far, far below me but cannot recenter the view with the default or my programmed commands. The image lurches around, flickering on and off and without any smooth tracking of the headset. So I can't get past the garage menu and it's clear something is horribly wrong with the headset operation in the game. I have looked thru in-game settings in 2D mode which won't let me access any VR settings, and my Steam VR settings, without seeing any clues about what is wrong. Any suggestions? Thanks.

It got worse. Now the headset VR view is stuck at the Steam VR background, my monitor is showing a blurry, jerky 2D version of the garage roof, the Reverb controllers don't work in this view at all (even though they work perfectly in the portal) and neither does my mouse. And, both the VR view and monitor view are fantastically laggy, which coupled with the non-operational controllers and mouse mean the only way out is CTRL-ALT-DEL and shut down ACC, Steam VR and Mixed Reality Portal. There is a message at the top saying something like "Win-Y to toggle desktop & VR view" but it doesn't work.

I have a high-end system; GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ 8GB GDDR6, 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 9700K (8-Core, 12MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.6GHz across all cores) in a fairly new Alienware system. So, the laggy, jerky thing is nothing to do with my system being unable to run ACC with this headset.

Did somebody design this? I can't even get into the game.

It got worse. Now the headset VR view is stuck at the Steam VR background, my monitor is showing a blurry, jerky 2D version of the garage roof, the Reverb controllers don't work in this view at all (even though they work perfectly in the portal) and neither does my mouse. And, both the VR view and monitor view are fantastically laggy, which coupled with the non-operational controllers and mouse mean the only way out is CTRL-ALT-DEL and shut down ACC, Steam VR and Mixed Reality Portal. There is a message at the top saying something like "Win-Y to toggle desktop & VR view" but it doesn't work.

I have a high-end system; GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ 8GB GDDR6, 9th Gen Intel® Core™ i7 9700K (8-Core, 12MB Cache, Overclocked up to 4.6GHz across all cores) in a fairly new Alienware system. So, the laggy, jerky thing is nothing to do with my system being unable to run ACC with this headset.

Did somebody design this? I can't even get into the game.

1) in steam vr lower the rendering resolution for the game to 50%.
2)put the headset in 60hz mode in wmr.
3) when you start the game ctrl+space will center your view.

move from there.

and no, an rtx 2080 won’t really cut it well with a g2 and acc.

Thanks very much vannib! That worked great. Raised the resolution from 50% to 88% once it was working and just did a 20 min multiplayer race with 23 other cars with no performance issues, so that's excellent.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 121 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 308 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 441 39.6%