[Help] Virtual rearview mirror for low FOV?

After correctly setting my FOV to 35°, at least in the E30 M3, most of the rearview mirror is offscreen unless I reposition the seat to an unacceptable extreme.

In DTM Experience 2014, enabling the virtual mirror provides rear visibility, and I'm pretty sure iRacing offers similar. Unfortunately, I haven't found a similar AC option, at least within the Video settings.

I really hope I've missed an obvious option, as single screen users should be able to set FOV correctly without sacrificing rear visibility. I'm fine with using the Porsche 918 RSR on-wheel joystick for left/right glancing, but without some sort of virtual rearview mirror, I'm not sure I'll be able to effectively race against the AI, let alone online.

Any help with this will be much appreciated.

Henk

Whilst on the subject of virtual rear view mirrors, would be good if after pressing F11 you could reposition the mirror more to the right as you can all the apps. Makes it a bit more realistic then and give it more shape than the perfect rectangle it is now.
Just a thought!!

Thanks very much!

I'm really surprised there isn't a more visible means of enabling the mirror, either via an app, or a View option, but if F11 works, at least it exists.

On the subject of apps, does anyone else find it annoying that you can't manipulate them until your session actually begins? When racing a Special Event, for example, I have to try and enable them while the lights are changing, and 90% of the time, I haven't finished by race start, and have to restart.

I know they're persistent now, which is helpful, but I still change app and seat position between cars, and enable different apps depending on whether I'm practicing or racing.

It seems crazy that they're inaccessible from the garage (car setup), and it would be helpful if they were car specific. I'm really surprised this I haven't seen this issue discussed previously.

Am I missing something else?

Henk

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back