Help! Trying to convert Max created tracks to rFactor.

Hi, I'm fairly new to this new version of btb, but I did try the demo a couple of years ago, until now.
I am the track designer for an upcoming mmorg, called Motor World Online. I have created a few track scenes in Max, and I'd like to convert them to rFactor for personal testing before inserting them into our engine. Up to now, I have used World Racing 2 as a test bed, because of the realistic simulation, but it does not have the ability to adjust car settings that rFactor does.
I did build a simple dirt oval in btb and it works well enough in rFactor, so I decided to try importing one of my pre-made scenes. That was when I discovered the need for 3dsimed. I downloaded the demo, and followed the instructions as best I could, and now I can't progress. When I try to export to rFactor, I only get the GMT and MAS files, so I thought I'd try exporting to btb, then to rFactor from there.. Unfortunately, the export gps button is grayed out. This means I goofed something up. I've been searching for a couple of days now, to no avail, and now I'm lost. As I am using the demos for both, until I sort things out and decide if I want to continue using these tools, a quick reply would be helpful. I realize the problem has a simple solution, I just don't know the program well enough, or have enough time to warrant many days of trial and error.

Thanks for any assistance,
R.B.Baxter, aka Ayce/Ayce1955

Thanks for the quick reply, Paul. I have those plugins already, but they cause a crashing issue with Max 2010 on exit, so I took them out.
I'd still like to find out why the "export to gps" button won't work in 3DsimED, though. I'm beginning to think I need to export the road only to get the line for Bobs, then play with the elevations
Another thought occurred to me. Could I bring the track in as an object in an xpack?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%