Skins HELP! Trouble saving as .dds file (for AC)

Hi modders,

Sorry for this total noob question, but I'm attempting my first skin. We all have to start somewhere!

I've been struggling to export my .psd file. as .dss. I can open a cars .dds in photoshop using the NVIDIA Texture tool plug in and 'save as' when unmodified as a .dss. As soon as I try to modify it (e.g. creating a new layer), I loose the ability to save as .dss. It defaults to a .psd with no .dss option?

I've modified the template .psd and can see it using Skin editing mode in Content Manager but am struggling to save as .dss

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi modders,

Sorry for this total noob question, but I'm attempting my first skin. We all have to start somewhere!

I've been struggling to export my .psd file. as .dss. I can open a cars .dds in photoshop using the NVIDIA Texture tool plug in and 'save as' when unmodified as a .dss. As soon as I try to modify it (e.g. creating a new layer), I loose the ability to save as .dss. It defaults to a .psd with no .dss option?

I've modified the template .psd and can see it using Skin editing mode in Content Manager but am struggling to save as .dss

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Thats because DDS format doesnt support additional layers, pretty much only a PSD file can.
So you need to flatten your texture then export to DDS

Thats because DDS format doesnt support additional layers, pretty much only a PSD file can.
So you need to flatten your texture then export to DDS
That is strange. Any Photoshop version I've worked with can directly save to DDS without flattening the image.
1636454190428.png

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back