Help Setup Porsche GT3 Cup '17

Hey guys,

A little introduction first: i have started with AC about 2 months ago. First we had PC2 for a few weeks but it only got "serious" in AC. Platform was PC at first, but it was needed elswere, so for the moment it's PS4. Wheel: Thrustmaster T500R, T3PA pedals. ABS/Stabilitycontrol etc. settings: all factory

Laptime with standard setup is 1:31.06. I am not super consistent, +/- 0.5s is the range, as i sometimes make errors

Question: Quick drivers are 6-7s faster, which is a huge difference on a short track. Of course: i need more practice...
(This video one is just for reference. Apparently done with mouse and keyboard)

GT3 Cup Brands Hatch GP 1:26
He takes corners at huge speeds and brakes way later. For examle the long left at 0:29s.
If i brake that late i have two outcomes: my rear gets upfront because i havent eased up on the brakes enough. If i lift off the brake earlier, i don't make it around the corner due to understeer.

Usually i brake shortly before the last marker, go in to 3rd with low throttle, when the corner closes up i have to coast a little to prevent understeer and then back on the throttle again.
On vallelunga quick drivers take the first 3 corners at full throttle. On the second corner (long right hand with slight banking) i have to ease up a bit and coast before the apex or i end up understeering into the gravel. I don't see what i could be doing wrong on that corner. It's full throttle and not much input necessary.

So i thought my setup sucks. again back to videos which include setups. I see big setup differences but there are not enough setups to see a correlation.

For brands hatch, I reduced the height in the front. Felt a tiny bit better, but bumpy. As a test, i went back up, but this time even higher front and rear. No difference in the bumpy parts. I increased camber, because tire-inside are hotter than outside. Maybe a tiny difference, but i expected more.

I just want to make sure i am not missing something, like "...standard setup in AC is really bad starting point..."
Is there a good setup suggestion Brands Hatch GP? Or am i simply not good enough?

Surtees....
I take the line you use there, I did once manage a late turn on the near far left curb, ran it missing the worst of the bumps and made, I can’t remember how much, but it was a good chunk of time, never seemed to be able to repeat, it just lost me a lot of time, so reverted back to your line, you can make good time there to by running with hardly any TC.

edit. Beyond my abilities, especially with the 911 cup.

could have been a bloke with some tarmac filled in the bumps. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back