Help! rFactor resolution locked after reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've reinstalled rFactor onto my new PC which is running Vista Home Premium 64 bit and I can't make rFactor diplay in 1680 * 1050... I've tried through the config program and I've tried to manually do it through editing the config.ini.

Anyone had this problem? Solutions?

In the config.ini, what are the last 3 lines before where it says install?

my rFactor config.ini:
Code:
WidescreenUI=1
MinimumVidRes=(800, 600)
MaximumVidRes=(8000, 6000)

Try that and then see if the config program allows you to change your res to the right one.

If that doesn't help, try a restart - then if that doesn't work, try a reinstall of the game.

Thanks James, tried it to no avail so I did a reinstall. To my joy, the config program allowed me to use the proper resolution. I reactivated and tried to run the game and it told me that I had 59 mins left of the demo... I tried again and same deal. I tried again, and now I have no more license renewals left.... :frusty:

Went to customer care page, wrote in my issues and closed the wrong window, losing my detailed request for help.....:frusty:

Tried again and am now waiting patiently for news from them...:frusty:

Can you guess my mood?!?

Thanks James, tried it to no avail so I did a reinstall. To my joy, the config program allowed me to use the proper resolution. I reactivated and tried to run the game and it told me that I had 59 mins left of the demo... I tried again and same deal. I tried again, and now I have no more license renewals left.... :frusty:

Went to customer care page, wrote in my issues and closed the wrong window, losing my detailed request for help.....:frusty:

Tried again and am now waiting patiently for news from them...:frusty:

Can you guess my mood?!?
Happy :becky: Ok ok i wont guess again . Thats sux Cam:cool:
Usually they react fast so i hope your install will work next time.I use the same resolution so it must be there at the config. If it wont work again just shout and we will help :thumb:

LOL, yeah, I'm sure I'll hear back tomorrow. Until then, I have plenty more files to transfer to the new pc, a mother to take to the airport which is 150kms away (she's been here for a week and whilst it has been nice... ;) ) and some more games to pick up just because I can (When we go to a decent town/citiy we make the most of it!)

Thanks all, will let you know how I get on. To be honest, I'm trying to get it running so I can join some RD races...

Well I received notice that I had received more license renewals. Tried one and it would only allow me to play the demo. Uninstalled/reinstalled the game, clicked on the icon and the game started up normally without asking for payment or activation codes. Bizarre but it is working so I am pleased. Thanks all. Now to get some PCC practice in!

• Daniel Hartmann

Sometimes when I tried to change the resolution with rFConfig.exe the game refused to accept the changes. After deleting the config.ini and starting rFConfig.exe again everything was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back