Help Required | Setting Up Wreckfest on Direct Drive Wheel

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Hello folks,

I'm running a Bodnar SimSteering V2 wheel and since I went to reformat my PC and reinstall Wreckfest, I'm having quite the challenge getting my wheel setup and configured within the sim.

Basically I can't get the in game wheel to match my own, so I'm applying quite a bit of lock, and yet the car in game isn't really doing much of anything at all..

Anyone got any tips and tricks or settings you would be so kind as to share please?

Although I love the game, it's been an age since I last used it, so looking forward to getting back engaged with it again.

Cheers folks - stay safe, keep racing!

Paul

Disclaimer - I'm not familiar with your wheel so this may not work, but...

As @Metla says steering saturation is likely to be the key.

If you ultimately want a 540 degree wheel, which is honestly what I'd recommend for Wreckfest then you can apply the following formula:

Default Steering Lock = DSL - What your wheel is actually setup to be, i.e 900, 1080 etc.
Required Steering Lock = RSL - What you want your wheel to be in the game, 540 for example.

So - RSL/DSL*100 = Steering saturation

So if you have a 900 wheel and want a 540 wheel in game then 540/900*100 gives you a steering saturation of 60. A 1080 wheel would give you a steering saturation of 50

Check what lock to lock rotation you have your wheel set to and then just do the maths.

This also works for a number of Codemasters titles as well.

Edit - it's been a while but I'm pretty sure this is how I solved that problem.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back