[Help requested] WEC 2019-2020 for rFactor 2

Get ready for Season 8

Enjoy racing in your own World Endurace Championship with the most complete WEC mod ever made for rFactor 2! This mod is brought to you by World Endurance Modders.

IMPORTANT NOTICES
The mod is still in its beta phase, so it's not perfect yet. Any feedback can be easily shared at our Discord server or the Bug Reports thread in the Steam Workshop mod.

The mod is meant for offline racing and has not been tested online!

Required DLC
  • Aston Martin Vantage GTE
  • BMW M8 GTE
  • Corvette C7.R
  • Oreca 07 LMP2
  • Porsche 911 RSR
Recommended DLC
  • Le Mans 24h (track)
  • Sebring International Raceway
Contents (V0.90)
Ferrari 488 GTE Evo
We have adjusted simtek's GT3 with new physics to upgrade its performance to GTE spec. Thanks to a source that wishes to stay anonymous, we were also able to improve the textures and graphics, making it look and feel like an entirely new car! The Ferrari is balanced with Studio 397's GTE cars to ensure balanced racing in both GTE Pro and GTE Am.

LMP1
We also introduced the LMP1 class. All cars are based on the Oreca 07 LMP2 model, but we gave them a performance boost to get them up to spec for LMP1 (and even a bit faster than their real counterparts).
All cars have their real 2019/2020 liveries and real driver names.

LMP2
The LMP2 cars have received a small performance boost, resembling the performance gains the LMP2 class has made since 2017.

The #47 Cetilar Racing Dallara has slightly different engine and wing settings, but also uses the Oreca chassis. We are looking into finding/creating a Dallara chassis, but don't expect anything to change here soon.

LMGTE Pro and LMGTE Am
We also chose to alter the performance of the GTE cars a bit to get a clear difference between GTE Pro and Am. The BOP has been done to have a clear difference between these classes across all included tracks.

Drivers and liveries
All teams will have the correct 2019/2020 liveries, as well as one selected driver from the current season. In future updates, we will add alternative liveries, like the Wynn's livery for Project 1.

Balance of performance
We made balance of performance (BOP) adjustments for all included tracks, as well as Le Mans, using track-specific aero packages.

To ensure you are using the correct BOP settings for all cars, you should manually force the setups for all car models. We are working on a method to have this done automatically, so that will be added in a future update.

As the mod is updated, we will keep adjusting the BOP. We will also create BOP settings for Sebring, Nürburgring and any tracks we will add to the mod.

Additional Cars
While we are working on including all teams for the 2020 24 Hours of Le Mans, we wanted you to be able to run a full 60 car grid at Le Mans. Therefore we have added 30 cars which featured in WEC or Le Mans, which can be used to fill the grid per class.

Community Cars
Another additional feature we added are our so-called "community cars". These are realistic fantasy liveries, which can be used to race in your own World Endurance Championship. Currently, the supply is limited, but we will add more community cars in future updates.

Tracks
We have also included the tracks of the 2019/2020 season that are not available for purchase (Le Mans and Sebring). The tracks have been made by GPVWC and we have adjusted them to comply WEC regulations and sponsormaps. GPVWC's tracks have been created for online racing, which results in some strange AI behavior. Although the basic AI behavior is alright, we are working hard on improving AI behavior and driving lines, which will be added in future updates. Because these AI issues caused game-breaking issues at COTA and Shanghai, we will add these tracks once the issues have been resolved. Future updates will also include Monza and maybe Kyalami, which are the new additions on the provisional 2020/21 calendar.

Graphics
To make the WEC experience more immersive, we created WEC style preview icons for the cars and tracks, as well as track loading screens.

Download
You can download the mod in the Steam Workshop of rFactor 2.

Last edited:
In progress
  1. Public beta (available in Steam Workshop)
  2. Physics improvements for the Ferrari 488 GTE Evo
  3. Balance of performance improvements for all included tracks
  4. Balance of performance improvements for Le Mans, Sebring and Nurburgring
  5. Shanghai International Circuit (by GPVWC)
  6. Circuit of the Americas (by GPVWC)
  7. Improved AI for all included tracks
  8. Alternative skins (like the black livery for Gulf Racing, special Lone Star Le Mans liveries, et cetera)
  9. 2020 Le Mans: all teams -> teams for V1.5, correct liveries for V2.0
Planned releases
  • Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace (Interlagos)
  • All teams for the 2019 24h of Le Mans (V1.5)
  • Autodromo Nazionale di Monza
  • Kyalami Grand Prix Circuit (if a usable version is available)
  • All teams for the 2020 24h of Le Mans (V2.0)
Of course we will also release smaller updates with other new features and when the base models of the cars are updated by Studio 397.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input on the Alpine. As it looks very similar, I figured it was based on the Oreca 07, but didn’t know it was the exact same chassis.

I definitely won’t be able to make the Dallara, as I’m not familiar with 3D modeling. I’m hoping and praying someone will be able to create it for this project and I’m looking into the possibilities, but at the moment it looks like I’ll just have to make the Cetilar skin for the Oreca 07.

Thanks for the input on the Alpine. As it looks very similar, I figured it was based on the Oreca 07, but didn’t know it was the exact same chassis.

I definitely won’t be able to make the Dallara, as I’m not familiar with 3D modeling. I’m hoping and praying someone will be able to create it for this project and I’m looking into the possibilities, but at the moment it looks like I’ll just have to make the Cetilar skin for the Oreca 07.
There are posibilities to find out someone who can create this beautiful car. And yeah, this project looks so interesting, I was hoping for someone who can do this type of projects because it's so awesome :D

Progress update
  • The LMP2 skins are almost done. #33 High Class Racing is being made by thomasjohansen and I’ll create the #47 Cetilar Racing skin tomorrow. It will be for the Oreca 07, because there’s no suitable or comparable model for the Dallara P217)
  • bears is busy tweaking the performance of the Ferrari 488 GT3 by simtek to have it match the GTE cars and the first tests look promising. We’re 99% sure we’ll include that in this mod, meaning we’ll have the complete LMP2 and GTE field.
  • There’s no news about the LMP1 cars. We’ll have to find a comparable model for the Toyota TS050. We might be able to create an Oreca 07 with boosted engine power for the Rebellion (and maybe the LNT) cars, but no promises on the LMP1 being included at this point.

Would you guys be interested in the LMP1 teams added to LMP2?

As it's been a while since my previous update, here's the latest news on the project:

Ferrari 488 GT3 tweaking
@bears and myself have been stuck tweaking the Ferrari 488 GT3 for a few days now. During today's tests, manually driving them for the first time (as we did only AI driven tests before), the Ferrari (4:08) was 5 seconds a lap slower than the Aston Martin GTE (4:03) around Le Mans. During these tests we discovered that the main factors of the deficit were most likely:
  • Hitting the rev limiter at 258kph, changing that in the setup (from the default 7000 rpm to the maximum of 7300) resulted in a top speed of about 280, still 15kph slower than the Aston, which we will try to make up for by increasing the engine power a bit more (1.15 to 1.20/1.25).

• Too much torque resulting in snap oversteer or hitting the throttle very slowly, either way resulting in the Ferrari losing a lot of time accelerating out of corners.

• Very different gear ratios, probably also resulting in the Ferrari not hitting a higher top speed, which we will also change to match the gear ratios of the Aston.
Skins
We are making good progress in terms of the skins, which is maybe the most important part of the mod.
  • The LMP2 skins are done and ready for release, apart from some updates I'm planning to do on my skins when I can find some spare time.

• The GTE Pro skins were already done by members of the community (@Bostrom, @Émilien and @Arturo Pereira), so that's another category that's finished in terms of skins.

• The GTE Am skins are about halfway done (#56 by @thomasjohansen and #98 by @manuelj3). @Bostrom has agreed to help out with the Ferrari skins, @bears will update his Porsche skins and create the TF Sport Aston and I'll start working on the remaining 2 Porsche skins myself once the Ferrari physics tweaking is done.
LMP1
We are also still looking into a way to include LMP1 in our mod. However, we are focusing on the Ferrari stuff first. After that, we'll make a decision on whether and how to include LMP1, so stay tuned for any news on that.

We are finally 99% done with the Ferrari! It's mixing in nicely with the Astons and Porsches at Le Mans with similar lap times. We only need to test it at other circuits and we still need to find a way to get the same lap times when simulating to the end of a session. Right now they're doing GT3 lap times when simulating to the end of a session ("finish session").

Some other good news: we are definitely adding the LMP1 teams to the mod. We will use the Toyota TS040, an upgraded Oreca 07 for the Rebellion and an upgraded RSS' Acura ARX-05 for the LNT Ginetta. We will primarily aim to get them significantly faster than LMP2 and we will not (yet) focus on having them do lap times that are representative for their real life counterparts.

We're hard at work creating all the skins and getting the wanted performance and drivability from the cars that need tweaking and are aiming to release the mod about a month from now.

Any help, both on the skins and the performance tweaking of the cars, is still very welcome!

Looking for beta testers
To check if everything works as expected, we would like to start a closed beta sometime in the next 2 weeks. The main focus will be on the performance of the different cars on multiple circuits and not all skins will be finished for or included in the beta. If you are available for some thorough testing in the next 2 to 3 weeks and want to help out, please send me a message.

Just discovered this thread, love the project already!

RSS (not the AC guys) is currently working on a 488 GTE for rF2, release isn't that far away.
It will be balanced with the S397 GTE cars and we'll get a template for that, the IMSA skin will be included by them already.

On the P1 topic: URD announced an up to date PX1 pack quite some time ago, don't know if it will ever going to happen since they are mainly focused on AC now. Nonetheless there's their like 2015 PX1 pack still which could be used.
Think I already started painting the Toyota Gazoo skin on the Drache like a year ago, I might pick that up again once I'm done with IMSA which should be pretty soon.

Just discovered this thread, love the project already!

RSS (not the AC guys) is currently working on a 488 GTE for rF2, release isn't that far away.
It will be balanced with the S397 GTE cars and we'll get a template for that, the IMSA skin will be included by them already.

On the P1 topic: URD announced an up to date PX1 pack quite some time ago, don't know if it will ever going to happen since they are mainly focused on AC now. Nonetheless there's their like 2015 PX1 pack still which could be used.
Think I already started painting the Toyota Gazoo skin on the Drache like a year ago, I might pick that up again once I'm done with IMSA which should be pretty soon.

On the URD front: I emailed them the other day about the detroit egt. They told me that they're working on an update for that which would hopefully be out soon. Maybe all the URD rfactor 2 content is getting an update?

We want this mod to be free to use (with the exception of the endurance DLCs from 397, which are required), therefore the URD mods are not suitable for our project.

Our 488 GTE is 99% finished, it's performance is on the same level as the Aston and Porsche GTE and it is very drivable. We need to create a solid default setup and most importantly optimize the gear ratios.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back