General Help! Replacing the driver

Mr. Malarkey

Premium
EDIT: Well, now I feel quite the fool. There was a typo in my .ini file that was preventing this from working correctly. All sorted now, I think!

Hello all -

I'm creating a new driver for 1950s-era cars. To replace the driver in the Maserati 250f, I tried everything he says to do in this link: https://www.nutrimatic.cc/assetto-corsa/how-to-change-the-driver-model-using-csp/#comment-180 However, his instructions for creating a ext_config.ini file and placing it with the skin doesn't work at all for me. Nor does his suggestion of creating a *car name*.ini file and placing it in the Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\extension\cars\ folder. The only way I was able to do it was to use the Car Tuner to extract the data files, and then re-write the driver3d.ini file.

I'd like to make this mod available to everyone, but I don't want to have to make everyone do the data file extraction. Can anyone help with replacing the driver using the two methods above?

On a related note, I have rewritten the driver3d.ini file to include commands to hide the driver helmet and face meshes in first person view, using the same instructions given on the link above. But that isn't working, either.

I'd be happy to provide a copy of the driver kn5 file if there is anyone who would be able to help me troubleshoot it. I'm all out of ideas, and I'm really getting frustrated!

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing