HELP!! Randomly lost 30FPS

Hey all,
I'm running the latest version of Sol (1.6.2) and CSP (0.1.62) and I have been able to get between 80~90 FPS on any car and track combo.
Yesterday I started messing with my Ambient Occlusion settings and ran 5~6 session with my normal FPS.
After that my average FPS dropped to around 50 and I can't change it back!
It also feels like the game takes longer to load and after hitting EXIT it does not quit the game instantly as it did before.
I reset everything I changed to its original value but that did not fix my FPS.
I am completely clueless about how to solve this as I reset all my changes and even re-installed CSP but nothing helps!
I was thinking about a hardware issue but other sims/games I tested still run fine. (my PC is far from being a potato too)
My specs:
Specs.png

This is all I actually changed in CM:
Change.png

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, I'll definitely try those software.
For the RAM mhz can't I change that in my BIOS settings somehow?

well thats overclocking..
and your cpu will run faster but also higher temps.
and can make you system very unstable. thats why i advise people before they build there pc
to look up there cpu on intel or amd website and try to find a tested ram memory list.
most of these tested memory can be overclocked with out unstable your system in general

yes i run my ram in overclock modus <highest settings>
but i am lucky with my setup that its still very stable after 1.5 years intens gaming.
1 time a bsod after a mishap in windows update but thats it.

but my setup is at its max limit now or i need to seriously overclock the gpu

Last edited:
YAAAAY!!:roflmao::):thumbsup:
I've done a few test sessions and the FPS issue seems to have fixed itself. I'm back to averaging 85+ frames!
Thanks @Mascot, I think ( not really sure tbh ) your suggestion seems to have worked!
Also thanks @GP STONER for introducing me to MSI afterburner, I really like it! ( it may have also somehow fixed AC as it started working once I installed and ran it)

On a side note, this seems to be a new thing that's happening now:
1596905544776.png

I get this whenever I exit a session....(not the biggest issue, just a bit strange)

YAAAAY!!:roflmao::):thumbsup:
I've done a few test sessions and the FPS issue seems to have fixed itself. I'm back to averaging 85+ frames!
Thanks @Mascot, I think ( not really sure tbh ) your suggestion seems to have worked!
Ah, great. It seems to have worked for quite a few people now. No idea how or why... it just does. Maybe it plugs a memory leak or something, or resets a rogue setting somewhere. Took me around five days of trial and error before stumbling on it pretty much by accident as a last resort.

just to say, i havnt changed anything and am having exactly the same issues as op...my cm is takinbg a looong time to load stuff, and the fps has gone from 90-100 in single to 47-50.......i blame the new clouds and 1.62 csp

Also thanks @GP STONER for introducing me to MSI afterburner, I really like it! ( it may have also somehow fixed AC as it started working once I installed and ran it)

On a side note, this seems to be a new thing that's happening now:
View attachment 396509
I get this whenever I exit a session....(not the biggest issue, just a bit strange)

No problem, i like to help where i can.

2nd well ac seems to be broke or something i read more stories about failed races.. some have some dont.

I did not run ac today because the heat here in the netherlands.

So i dont know if i have that problem 2.

But knowing from other games.
Its just waiting for a fix/hot patch

I have my self problems with ac event editor (cant find the json file of the f488 evo) causes a error that i cant select any of the cars or tracks.

Last edited:
Also a bit of a warning for use of msi afterburner.. dont use it to change your gpu fan speed.. some games recon msi afterburner as a hack and shuts it down
But for some unkown reason windows still thinks that msi afterburner controlles the fan speed when its shuts down by a game. In my case it stops the fans totally and during gaming temps got to 95 celsius because the fans did not kick in.

So i use it only to monitor temps with riva (afterburner needed)

so i have just restarted my pc, and made sure msi afterburner was not overclocking.....opened asseto, and disabled everything in csp, apart from still having csp running...140 average fps, on a n old i5 and gtx1070......i then quit race, went into csp settings and activated weather..i.e sol.....back to same track and car, 49fps..stuttery mess and ffb on wheel not working......rebooted pc, same non overclock, and went to asseto, which still had weather activated...49fps!...

Rebooted again, took everything off csp, still 49fps.....rebooted and back to 140fps...this happens if all i activate is the brake disc effect ffs!....i do love what csp has brought to asseto, but its infuriating that it does this.....have tried all day, different versions, reinstalling drivers, verifying files etc etc and it IS the csp that is ruining my experience...and you cant disable it fully anymore either as many things wont work without csp...so annoyed!

Also a bit of a warning for use of msi afterburner.. dont use it to change your gpu fan speed.. some games recon msi afterburner as a hack and shuts it down
But for some unkown reason windows still thinks that msi afterburner controlles the fan speed when its shuts down by a game. In my case it stops the fans totally and during gaming temps got to 95 celsius because the fans did not kick in.

So i use it only to monitor temps with riva (afterburner needed)
Wow, which game was that? It has no absolutely no business killing any other process on your PC and a complaint to the publisher is very much in order.

Wow, which game was that? It has no absolutely no business killing any other process on your PC and a complaint to the publisher is very much in order.
It was dayz standalone but after a update thats fixed now.

But yeah its meshed up if you didnt notice it and are gaming all fun and well

But in the meantime your gpu is almost cooking it self. Only because some game see something as a hack but clearly its not a hack

It was dayz standalone but after a update thats fixed now.

But yeah its meshed up if you didnt notice it and are gaming all fun and well

But in the meantime your gpu is almost cooking it self. Only because some game see something as a hack but clearly its not a hack
Yeah, that sucks. Games are perfectly entitled to say "I won't run" if they don't like other processes that are running on your machine (whether they are doing so for copy protection, anti-cheat, whatever).
But they are totally out of order when they start pulling stupid stunts like killing processes (or installing rootkits!).

What i had to do is start the game ..
Wait a few seconds and then alt tab to desktop and start msi afterburner again.

Then it can run even when gaming..
So its weird only when you dubble click you shortcut and the game starts it kills afterburner but you can restart it again by hand and the game donr bitch no more about afterburner beeing a hack.

But now they fixed it.
Only i use amd own software now to control fanspeed .. so it wont happen again hopefully

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back