F1 2013 Help Please - Bug or Corrupt Save Game File

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)
Am playing on XBox360. This problem started after a TT session, 7 laps in, racing my own ghost. All of a sudden a second ghost appeared labelled racenet ghost. Didn't think much of it and subsequent TT sessions went wuthout a repeat.

The problem appeared when I went back into my career game. In garage, the car setup menu will now not allow me to change fuel load (always on max now) or mix setting. Also the tyre menu is reduced to just tyre type, no choice of individual tyres or a view of wear levels. There doesn't seem to be any tyre wear at all now.

When running, I cannot change the fuel mix and fuel level shows just 3 laps in the HUD. It's the same in Grand Prix mode. I think the AI is also screwed because I hiked up the AI to legend as a test in Grand Prix mode and for example I am beating them easily in Silverstone with lap times around 1:31.5 to 1:32.2, getting fastest lap on a 5 lap race, no tyre wear.

Seems to me I now have TT conditions in both career and grand prix mode? Have not tried online yet, so dont know how it will impact there.

Can anyone please advise how I can fix this? I have two save game files, save game and ghost laps and am reluctant to delete or choose start new game without knowing what the consequences would be. Any advice here would be appreciated.

Try turning parc fermé on/off or set the settings to the highest difficulty and change each option then manually to your prefered choice.

Thank you so much. I changed the game difficulty in "My F1" and it worked straight away.

I only use corner racing line and medium TC assists. I think I must have hit a sequence of control buttons, slightly different to normal, to take a corner that triggered the glitch. If not that then maybe something to do with Racenet integration, which it isn't on the Xbox.

Anyway, thank you for the speedy help.

Glad you fixed it ........ No.6

Have spent quite a bit of time in this place.

006.JPG

Yeah, as I kid I loved it.

If I remember correctly, the whole series had a very weird ending ....

I loved the music too. If fact there were some great music theme writers around in the late 60's and early 70's. John Barry immediately comes to mind.

The Persuaders theme was a favourite of mine. :)

With a honorable mentions of Van Der Valk, The Avengers, The Saint, and The Power Game themes.

Last edited:
Yeah, as I kid I loved it.

If I remember correctly, the whole series had a very weird ending ....

I loved the music too. If fact there were some great music theme writers around in the late 60's and early 70's. John Barry immediately comes to mind.

The Persuaders theme was a favourite of mine. :)

With a honorable mentions of Van Der Valk, The Avengers, The Saint, and The Power Game themes.

John Barry is one of my favourite contemporary composers. He was at least acknowledged. Ron Grainer, alas, does not have the recognition he rightly deserved as a composer - well yes he has some in the BBC archives as a pioneer of electronic music, Dr Who theme being the obvious one.

Grainer had his big break in Holywood in the 70s when he was hired to compose the soundtrack of the film titled, "The Omega Man", starring Chuck Heston of certain "right wing" persuasions.

Some of Grainer's musical traits in "The Prisoner" are very nicely developed in "The Omega Man", but overall what he accomplished in the Omega Man was a highly accomplished and symphonic piece of work. Perhaps because of the political nuances of the Omega Man, this soundtrack was overlooked, not put forward for awards and definitely not acknowledged in the UK or by the BBC. Grainer seems not to have been favoured since that film.

Thankfully, despite the oblivion, that soundtrack was released on CD after his death.

I predict that sometime in the future it will become a classic.

M

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing