Help picking 4 x small tactile transducers and 3 x amplifiers

Hi All
I want to add 6 x tactile transducers on the cheap to my rig.
NLR Next Level Racing GTtrack Simulator Racing Cockpit.

I already have 2 x buttkicker mini LFEs that I will keep.
https://thebuttkicker.com/buttkicker-mini-lfe/

Software might be;
sim hub OR andres shop

I need
4 x other small tactile transducers
3 x amplifiers to run all 6 x transducers (all @4ohm)

Amazon, aliexpress or ebay as sources are perfect.
Thanks

If I could offer my own opinion here, that might help save some time and/or money. I've used a variety of tactile units, ranging from the exciters, aura bass shakers, BK mini's, Earthquake mini unit (MQB-1) and now I've just ordered a BK Concert large unit to add to the rig, just to give a little background.

Go straight for a decent sized tactile unit, with a good 2 or 4 channel amp straight off the bat. The ease of use of mounting and running a single large unit, from a decent sized amp is way better than mucking around with 4 little exciters, little amps and a bunch of cables running all over the place. You should be able to add a decent amount of effects even to a single unit since there is a bunch of overhead in the amount of power it can handle before it reaches its limits and the actual sensation you'll get should be awesome. I say should, since I have yet to try my large unit as it has not arrived.

I've made the mistake of messing around with little units, trying to get a good result from a budget oriented build. Since sim racing is nearly all I do now, it makes sense to spend the money once and enjoy the best tactile that you can. So, if you actually do have the money and the intention to run a decent tactile profile, definitely grab a single BK LFE and something like an NX1000D. That amp should be more than enough to power the unit, you have DSP control to get the most out of its low end and even a potential bridge mode should you find that a single channel does not offer enough power. You could then, if you found the need, add another unit to that amp, either left / right or front / rear config, for a more complete feedback.

You'd be looking at a decent initial outlay, but it almost guarantees that you don't really need to buy anything else from this point. If you're only looking at adding a decent level of tactile, without going overboard, you just mount the unit under your seat and you're done. It's clean, efficient and has a tonne of power that you're sure to make the best use of when compared to those little exciter models. I ran them with 2 x BK Mini LFE's and when I disabled the LFE's, even mounted directly onto the seat the little exciters could barely be felt.

So I know intend to run 1 x BK concert on the seat from the NX1000D, and keep the 2 x BK Mini's running from my little SMSL 2 channel amp which has been more than enough for these units. Eventually I think I'll end up with all units mounted directly on the seat, but at this stage I have 2 units on the seat (one being the Earthquake unit) and 1 Mini LFE under the pedals. Might remove the pedal one and run them both in L/R config rather than F/R.

Just my 2 cents since there seems to be shortages of the units you're seeking. It might give something to think about.

If I were to know that I'd end up with the rig I do now, I'd definitely skip all the middle ground and just get one large LFE unit with the NX1000D amp straight off. See how that suited me and most likely call it a day.
Hi Anton,

Thanks for all the info above you've helped me a lot here!

I have one question/clarification if you don't mind regarding the NX1000D..

I have a 7.1 Sound card that will be dedicated to the 4 x Reckhorn BS-200i Bass Shakers that I'm going to use on my rig.

I'm an IT guy by trade but don't know a massive amount about sound (amps etc).. My question is - looking at the NX100D its has 2 outputs A & B so how does it power 4 shakers individually? And same goes for the input having only 2 inputs.

In my mind, I'm thinking it needs 4 inputs from the sound card and 4 outputs to the shakers??

Any advice you can give me I very much appreciate!

Thanks
Ant

Upvote 0
I have a 7.1 Sound card that will be dedicated to the 4 x Reckhorn BS-200i Bass Shakers that I'm going to use on my rig.

I'm an IT guy by trade but don't know a massive amount about sound (amps etc).. My question is - looking at the NX100D its has 2 outputs A & B so how does it power 4 shakers individually? And same goes for the input having only 2 inputs.

In my mind, I'm thinking it needs 4 inputs from the sound card and 4 outputs to the shakers??

I'm not Anton, but I can answer the question. ;)

Your suspicion is right. To power 4 shakers independently you will need a 4 channel amp (or 2x 2-channel amps). The NX1000D is a 2 channel amp. Also take note of the power ratings. The BS-200i is rated at 100watts RMS @4ohms. The NX1000D is rated at 300watts @4ohms x2. Unfortunately Behringer doesn't state if this is a Peak or RMS power rating (I'm not really surprised), but my guess is it's peak power. It's probably still a bit much for the BS-200i, but if you're careful with the gain levels it will work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not Anton, but I can answer the question. ;)

Your suspicion is right. To power 4 shakers independently you will need a 4 channel amp (or 2x 2-channel amps). The NX1000D is a 2 channel amp. Also take note of the power ratings. The BS-200i is rated at 100watts RMS @4ohms. The NX1000D is rated at 300watts @4ohms x2. Unfortunately Behringer doesn't state if this is a Peak or RMS power rating (I'm not really surprised), but my guess is it's peak power. It's probably still a bit much for the BS-200i, but if you're careful with the gain levels it will work.
Thanks very much for the reply!

So that bit now makes sense but all the ohms bits go right over my head!

I have installed a separate Sound Blaster Audigy 5/RX for the shakers which have a number of outputs. Am I right in thinking that I can use this one card to power all 4 shakers?

When im in SimHub and select the card it shows 2 channels available (and shows the 4 corners of the car/rig), im guessing im going to have to use the onboard card for the other 2 channels as the 5/RX can only power 2?

Thanks again for your help!

Upvote 0
Thanks very much for the reply!

So that bit now makes sense but all the ohms bits go right over my head!

I have installed a separate Sound Blaster Audigy 5/RX for the shakers which have a number of outputs. Am I right in thinking that I can use this one card to power all 4 shakers?

When im in SimHub and select the card it shows 2 channels available (and shows the 4 corners of the car/rig), im guessing im going to have to use the onboard card for the other 2 channels as the 5/RX can only power 2?

Thanks again for your help!
I think that's a 7.1 surround card. At the very least you should be able to get 6 independent channels (5.1), but if you have the proper cables you can get up to 8 channels. To get the extra two channels on Line Out 2 & 3, you would need something like: 3.5mm to 3x rca

Note, the other channels might not show up until you plug a cable in.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A note on the amp being too powerful for the units. You can set a digital power limit on it, so that you'll never overdrive any unit that you connect to it. The only thing is that you might be wasting money on an amp that has too much power for your chosen units. There is a way to power 4 units from that amp, but you'd basically need to wire them together into 2 units per channel (which means 2 units will effectively operate identically to each other). You might be better off getting 2 x Nobsound or SMSL amps to power those units, which would give you a total of 4 channels (each amp is 2 channels) of ample power, for less money than a single NX1000D.

For the sound card, your onboard sound card will be able to power at least 4 individual channels (2 x front, 2 x rear) and you can save your nicer sound card for actual game or regular desktop sound. That's how I run mine. Onboard powers the tactile and I have a Sound Blaster Z that powers my bookshelf speakers and headphones on my rig.

My advice still stands though. Piss off the little units and get a big boy with the NX1000D. It's probably going to cost more, but you'll have such a hassle free install, especially if your seat can accommodate the unit directly.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 141 7.5%
  • < 5 years