Help needed with Transparent Textures

Hello everyone i´m having serious troubles with textures to create a Xpack and i need some professional help please.

I open Race driver GRID tracks with 3DSimED 2.0 to get this specific tree,

39970061.jpg
39970061.jpg

I export the tree into .3ds and after that i export the textures to same folder, the problem is when i import with Xpacker.... All goes fine except the transparency of texture and the tree in BTB looks like this,

43827401.jpg
43827401.jpg

Can someone explain me how to make the texture looks like in 3dsimed? what do it missing and where?

Thanks

I'm trying for hours and i simple don't understand how to create an animation :-(...

first thought was with a dds with several layers, but then I realized I had to open several files in XPacker and then create the animation but gives me always error saying that it don't found the file ******.dds

Someone know how to do, with 5 minutes to loose explain me how to put that working?

:poke:

You need, texture.dds texture00.dds and texture01.dds. You need all those files in the 'Textures' section of Xpacker.
texture.dds and texture00.dds are exactly the same just with a different name, texture01.dds is the different one. Xpacker is limited to 2 frames atm :/ If you have simed you can do more, after you have exported from btb, just use simed to add the extra frames to the model. Open the track.scn, select and edit the object you want to animate, click 'open' so it is alone by itself, add the extra frames then save as gmt. The extra frames need to follow suit, texture02.dds, texture03.dds etc etc. (make sure the extra frames are in the track folder)

[ED]I have been experimenting myself with this in the last few days. This is 16 frames, 64x64 texture.
In my current project it has no effect on my frame rates. Here is an example.(not my current project just something i whipped up quickly) BTW, the sound is not from in game, I mixed in after so the video wouldn't be so boring :D Sound is my next venture.

You need, texture.dds texture00.dds and texture01.dds. You need all those files in the 'Textures' section of Xpacker.
texture.dds and texture00.dds are exactly the same just with a different name, texture01.dds is the different one. Xpacker is limited to 2 frames atm :/ If you have simed you can do more, after you have exported from btb, just use simed to add the extra frames to the model. Open the track.scn, select and edit the object you want to animate, click 'open' so it is alone by itself, add the extra frames then save as gmt. The extra frames need to follow suit, texture02.dds, texture03.dds etc etc. (make sure the extra frames are in the track folder)

[ED]I have been experimenting myself with this in the last few days. This is 16 frames, 64x64 texture.
In my current project it has no effect on my frame rates. Here is an example.(not my current project just something i whipped up quickly) BTW, the sound is not from in game, I mixed in after so the video wouldn't be so boring :D Sound is my next venture.

mianiak, your water was a really good idea but my videowall that i did with your help(thanks :)) is even better :)

Check this out

One more question, even the 3dsimed has a limit of 62?

One more time, thank you :).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back