Help needed....To many cars,game freeze ....

Hi.
I make download of more than 800 cars addons. If in the directory of the game "cars", have 750, with the originals, is ok, but, if in this directory have more than 750, the game freeze on "Populating Favorites".
Can someone help? I really have a hard work to have all this cars.
Thanks.

Hi.
I make download of more than 800 cars addons. If in the directory of the game "cars", have 750, with the originals, is ok, but, if in this directory have more than 750, the game freeze on "Populating Favorites".
Can someone help? I really have a hard work to have all this cars.
Thanks.

Create a 'mod' folder and remove most of those mods from your install. Then just move the ones into the games install folder you want to use for your session. You dont need 800 separate cars that the game will try to load when starting up.

Apart from how pointless 800 ripped mod cars are... the 'getting stuck at populating favourites' error has nothing to do with the amount of cars, as one of the devs confirmed to me on the official forums that the amount of mod content shouldn't matter (loading times increase though). I ran into that issue and I didn't have anywhere near 800 car mods installed. It has to be something in the skin/ui files of certain mod cars that the launcher has issues with. Or perhaps its an unknown bug with the launcher. But nothing to do with the amount of content afaik.

Edit: Btw I'll just recommend this, solves quite a few headaches: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/content-manager-aka-alternative-launcher.33824/

Last edited:
Hi everybody.
I downloaded many cars in addons, about 700. Now whenever I want to play, the game blocks in the "populating favorites". I lost a few hours around this, even thinking that they were many, but I came to a conclusion: it's their size, it can not pass around 134 GB in total. How can I solve this.
Thanks for the help.

I recommend to stick to racedepartment. The mods here are scratch made (or are supposed to be :D) so the chance that they come with accurate physics are likely because the modders take their time and put passion in research etc. Although the modding section in the official AC Forum is closed, I think you can still find download links there, but most mods from there should be here, too.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 39.9%