Help Needed: Newbie - Does the AI have to run a stint in the race?

Hi there I wonder if you could help me.

I recently installed GTR2 with the HQ mod and absolutely loving it.

However, I'm struggling to understand if I need to let the AI take a stint in the race in championship and 24 hour modes. The reason being is that I have played ACC in the past and have been disqualified for for not changing drivers properly after the race.

In short, do I need to change driver or can I do the whole three hour race without needing to swap? If so is there a minimum driver time?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you very much in advance!

Nothing at all at this point of view ... but who knows with all adds that Crew Chief might bring ! isn't it @The Iron Wolf ? ;)

In fact, rather drive the car than letting it drive by the AI.... than simulate 2 drivers while you're the only one to drive the car as it is with ACC offline.
Stints with different drivers online I understand but why offline ? ... just to learn it I guess.

Last edited:
Nothing at all at this point of view ... but who knows with all adds that Crew Chief might bring ! isn't it @The Iron Wolf ? ;)

In fact, rather drive the car than letting it drive by the AI.... than simulate 2 drivers while you're the only one to drive the car as it is with ACC offline.
Stints with different drivers online I understand but why offline ? ... just to learn it I guess.
so am i free to race the 3 hour races without the need for the AI?

Thanks

No problem for 3 hours race without the need of AI.
( I didn't find the rules for 2003-2004 FIA ... anyway in 2007-2008 rules the limit of time was still 3 hours maximum before taking then 1 hour minimum rest afterwards )

The maximum I already raced was 2 hours 24 minutes in one single time without AI with acceleration 10x ... without AI replacing me.

So for less than 3 hours it's sure .... for above ... I never did it and never knew in fact.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 198 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 196 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years