Help needed for completing Stage E

T

Tim Kaars

• Tim Kaars

Hello,

Can anyone please help me with information / strategy for driving 20 or more rounds in Stage E?
I am constantly running out of fuel before hitting the chequered flag.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Tim.

Tim - this might sound a bit facile, but have you put more fuel in?

I know in the earlier stages you are well overfuelled by default for the little six lappers , so you might have got into the habit of not checking.

I think the default setups might be a fixed amount and not enough for some of the longer races.

What car and what track are you running?

Hi Tim,welcome in GTL

If I have to do a race(online or ofline) I go practice as single player and put in 10 ltr. of fuel and drive laps till I am out of fuel,say 11 laps take 1 lap of and you now your fuel use.
Than calculated how many laps must be driving in the race and put that in my setup.

I make two setups,One for Quali. with say fuel for 5 laps and one for the race with enough fuel for the race.

So when you start a race you have two setups one with a Q in for Quali. and one with a R in it for the race.

Because there is only 30 sec. between end of Ouali. and start of the race,there is only one click to set the right setup to start the race.

Hans

• Tim Kaars

Tim - this might sound a bit facile, but have you put more fuel in?

I know in the earlier stages you are well overfuelled by default for the little six lappers , so you might have got into the habit of not checking.

I think the default setups might be a fixed amount and not enough for some of the longer races.

What car and what track are you running?

Hi Stuart,

Thank you very much for your help.
As you come to mention it, indeed, for 20 rounds, i forgot to check the amount of fuel. So that is solved now.

So, there is left now the case of 30 rounds and 60 rounds and especially the 60 rounds (on Monza GP and Spa FC). Because there is in the build-in blue/white Ford Capri only fuelroom for 29 laps, so at least 1 pitstop or the worst 2 pitstops will be necessary. Point is that when i make a pitstop, i takes sometimes up to about 150 seconds, so in that way i will never be able to win the race.

So maybe you have some advice for me on how to make the shortest pitstops as possible.

Thanks,
Tim.

• Tim Kaars

Hi Tim,welcome in GTL

If I have to do a race(online or ofline) I go practice as single player and put in 10 ltr. of fuel and drive laps till I am out of fuel,say 11 laps take 1 lap of and you now your fuel use.
Than calculated how many laps must be driving in the race and put that in my setup.

I make two setups,One for Quali. with say fuel for 5 laps and one for the race with enough fuel for the race.

So when you start a race you have two setups one with a Q in for Quali. and one with a R in it for the race.

Because there is only 30 sec. between end of Ouali. and start of the race,there is only one click to set the right setup to start the race.

Hans

Thanks for your help Hans.

This may come in handy for me when i am into more detailed racing.
Currently i will see what Stuart's help can do for me.

• Matt Crouch

Point is that when i make a pitstop, i takes sometimes up to about 150 seconds, so in that way i will never be able to win the race.

If you repair damage the pit stops take ages. It shows you the times for repair on the pit board when it comes up. If it's not affecting your car much then make sure you turn off the damage repair when you pit

Hi Stuart,

Thank you very much for your help.
As you come to mention it, indeed, for 20 rounds, i forgot to check the amount of fuel. So that is solved now.

So, there is left now the case of 30 rounds and 60 rounds and especially the 60 rounds (on Monza GP and Spa FC). Because there is in the build-in blue/white Ford Capri only fuelroom for 29 laps, so at least 1 pitstop or the worst 2 pitstops will be necessary. Point is that when i make a pitstop, i takes sometimes up to about 150 seconds, so in that way i will never be able to win the race.

So maybe you have some advice for me on how to make the shortest pitstops as possible.

Thanks,
Tim.

Tim reed this:http://forum.racedepartment.com/gt-legends/3302-gtl-pitstop-hints-tips.html

Hans

• Tim Kaars

Thanks, all!

I believe this is a great forum with all this frendly people that are willing to help me!
I'm really greatful to you all; lovin' it.

Tim.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years