Help Modding Please!!!

I have just unzipped the mod to my mod storage folder on my desktop, now im all confused on where to put all the folders. :confused: I have teamviewer if somebody can help real quick. Be really happy. :)

Yeah, sorry... My answers are loooooooooong and often very complex, always rambling going in to places there were not suppose to go but hey i have been looking for those socks and sniper v2 is free on steam ihavetodownloaditbutfirst... you get my drift.. Also i tend to edit heavily often adding whole paragraphs and it gets messy..

The desktop folder is just a storage, place to keep mods that are not needed.. PrestoGP uses F3000 which is default, stock race 07 content. Most vehicle mods can be put to steam\steamapps\Race 07. Good way is to just unpack them to you mod storage, then move it to Race 07 root folder.

If you know how to make screenshots, that can be helpful as we can see exactly where the problem is. If you want to learn modding, you have to learn how to share screenshots, trust me on this :) Simply just fastest way to describe a problem...

About modding in general, check your Race 07 folders. Browse thru all of them, get familiar with it since that is the first step. Here's, i hope, short descriptions

GameData: has all the GameData, vehicles, models, textures, sounds, UI elements.. Everything. Inside GameData you have:

\Teams: this is the vehicle data. Models, textures, sounds and the thing you are going to touch first, configuration files.
\Locations: track data, models, textures and configuration files (sounds can be there too but it's rare). If you have a little bit to spend, buy Bobs TrackBuilder. This is my main program as so far, i have only released tracks and i'm tutoring a quite large and active community of builders, just to pay back all the help i had when i started. BTB is good tool for modders as that allow you to make test tracks like 20km straights, 5 degree bends, skidpads, places to really test the physics of vehicles to remove opinion and "i fell like more grip".. You get pure telemetry readings that can't lie. But if you don't want to, i can make you what you need. I actually like making those :)
\UIData: All the icons that relate to tracks or vehicles. There is a another UIData folder at Race07 root where everything you see when in any menu. Also start videos, we have our own PrestoGP themed start videos and lightly customized game menus (someone find that link, id did it but can't locate it now....)
\Sounds: All the sounds. Vehicles use them, also on track those horns etc. you hear are in this folder.
\Talent: AI drivers and their talent files. You may need these but only at the laters stages, just before you release a mod. i don't even know how they actually work, i just copy&edit&paste.. So far i have done excactly one talent file, ever.. That because i give a rats ass about AI in this game, on my tracks they can do comparable laptimes, that's it.

First bits of editing are done in configuration files but i wont go in to these yet. Good place to start is to download a single car mod, something that is very small in size, has maybe few drivers and only single car. Open files in Notepad, read them, try some edits, experiment, delete when it eventually becomes so messy that game wont start... That is how 100% of modders get their start.. When you get this far, i'll give you the Modding Bible. Before you learn a bit on your own, that will not help.. You are fortunate in the sense that there are very few people in this planet that knows more about this game and i'm still learning.. It seems daunting but is actually very simple.

David is right, my posts are too long, at least this time i wont edit.. maybe typös...

im trying to mod the game right now, but reading what you guys are saying, and trying to do it alone, again, first-timer, and autism-like disabilities are kicking in and confusing the hell out of me.

ok, this is lame, i cant make a skin. somebody will have to do it for me. i cant buy photoshop(waste of money) and i cant use paint.net or gimp because they cant see the rar files. anyways, cya.

You shouldn't need to install any mods etc Kyle, we use the f3000 ingame car now I think you maybe trying to install mmg f1 ?.
Also the guide I posted from Jonas with the free paint.net etc works fine. You have to extract the Template psd files from the rar folder Located here( C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\race 07\CustomSkins\Templates ) so that paint.net can see them.

And to have a go making your own this is the guide http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/season-9-skin-thread.53787/#post-1208561

You can do this at your leisure and in the mean time like Kennet said you will some skins already made by people on nogrip http://www.nogripracing.com/files.php?subcat=99

.rar files are not image files, they are packed, just like .zip. 7Zip is my choice for packing/unpacking. If you don't know how to open .rar files, it's best you forget modding until you get a grasp how to work with a computer..

hey guys, i installed almost all of the maps but when i tried to see if they worked, game crashed. no idea how to fix that and i would love if somebody could get on teamviewer to help me with the issue.

it will be a process of illimination regards crashing after installing a load of tracks/mods, i can only suggest taking everything out, replace things one by one and see what the culprit is, with race07 too some mods share id's so you end up with conflicts quite regular, one at a time and youll get it sorted :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%