Help Me with dream rig build

How’s it going guys,

So please be kind as I am learning and doing research.... I had been on a Xbox with simple Logitech wheel and pedals for awhile now and finally have the chance and well money for that matter to build a rig I have always dreamed of. I have roughly a 9k budget set for everything. I could use some advice and input into getting the proper setup (especially the pc side ) I will list what my thoughts are and see what you guys think and any advice you can give ( preferably constructive hahahaha )

Cockpit: Rseat S1
Wheel base: Fanatec club sport 2.5
Wheel: open but will do gt racing
Pedals: club sport inverted v3
Shifter and hand brake: both Fanatec
Motion: not sure yet
Butt kicker at least one
VR: need advice
Monitor: open and not sure if I want to do trikes so I can have the option to do VR or triples
Computer: this is where I need a lot of advice easy to get carried away here

Divorce paper: probably in blue ink hahahahahahaha

I appreciate any help or advice as I will only have the opportunity to do this one time and want to make the right decision. Direct drive would be great but most are 8-10 weeks out

I have a 1 Tb SSD just for my games and a separate boot drive. My Game drive is about 50% full right now.
I love SSD's, but it's important to remember that you don't want to run them near full.

Upvote 0
Ok ya so basically you save all your games on a ssd drive and then have a separate drive for the boot system.... makes sense... I found a local guy who does custom build computers and going to have him put something together for me and hope the price doesn’t go through the roof hahahha

Upvote 0
I've built my own computers except laptops for the last decade and a while before that. I'm a big fan of the Fractal R6 case and have a couple of them now. It's not expensive, just well laid out. The RTX 1070 is borderline for VR. It will work, but I would go with an RTX 1080 so you aren't having to knock the quality down too far to get good frame rates. I also like Noctua fans, but they are more expensive and not a necessity.

Currently I'm running a Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium in my development box because it has hybrid operation and at the wattage I'm pulling it never needs a fan. However for a gaming system when you are going to be in VR with headphones on, the noise levels of your computer are a minor consideration. I've got an old Corsair 1000W PS in my gaming computer which is serious overkill. I just had it laying around and my gaming box is not on 24x7 like my development box is.

Computers feel like toasters to me, just an appliance to get work done, but I like them efficient, quiet and easy to work on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok so found a pre built setup and going to pull the trigger will just need to add a sound card for the buttkickers

Skytech
I7 9700k 8 core
500gb SSD
Z390 motherboard
Nvidia rtx 2080 ti
16gb ddr4
Windows 10

Upvote 0
8020 Rig
Simucube with Small Mige 130
Heusinkveld Pedals & Shifter
Ascher Racing Button Plate and Shifters or HRS wheel
QR of your choice - HRS or Q1R
Logitech Z906

Upvote 0
well parts have been ordered here are the links to what I have decided on..

Rig will be the Rest N1 with all the upgrades:
https://rseatamerica.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=67&product_id=151

Screen stand is the Rest stand:
https://rseatamerica.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=74

PC to run setup will have to add sound card:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...tle_o00__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=racedep-20

Will go with full fanatec setup including inverted pedals and will upgrade to their new direct drive at a later date. this is to help with simplicity of the build and ease of use.

Monitors will be added for use when not wanting to run VR or friends using system:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D773K19/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01__o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Went with Rift VR headset and will add the motion seat at a later date.

Also adding buttkicker setup to seat base:
https://thebuttkicker.com/buttkicker-individual-seat-control-system-bka-130-c-2-mini-lfe/

Upvote 0
I feel like this will be a very good setup that I can build on if I feel the need to and also I was am getting the fanatec 2018 F1 wheel I found on eBay

Attachments

• CS SWFORM V2 18 Medium_02.png
    CS SWFORM V2 18 Medium_02.png
    167.1 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0
Well parts are starting to arrive. Was able to get monitors and computer pulled out and downloaded programs and screen setup etc while I wait for the rseat N1 rig to arrive and screen holder

Upvote 0
I would love to post photos but I have them all on my iPhone and cant get them to post on here for the life of me hahaha

You’ll have to host them somewhere, I use Flickr, probably better places I don’t know about, then get the url to just the image, not the webpage it’s on and hit the little picture frame icon next to the smiley in the toolbar when making a post here and paste in the url, there’s probably other ways of doing it too.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back