Help me to install tracks into rfactor

Ok. I am throwing my pride out the window. I don't care how stupid I look. I give up. I am new to pc sims but desperately want to "play".

How do I learn the procedure to install tracks into rfactor after I download them? I need to understand from the very start when you click on DOWNLOAD. To Save, Open or Save as? and then every step after that. I have googled, tried for hours and days and now weeks.

How did YOU learn? I am at the end of my rope. With all the info on everything possible, why cant there be a simple step by step written procedure for the PC challenged. If I could get a fool proof easy system explained to me, I would be gratefull beyond belief.

There is so many things I want to DL into rfactor 1, but stuck. I have installed 7Zip, but dont even know why or if i should have. I am grasping at anything., hoping I will stumble on it. No info can be too simple...it must be actually.

There you have it....my humble plea. Thanks.

Yes, I resorted to paying $4.99 a month for PRO w/rFactor. It is a "1 click install" program. It works flawlessly, and very fast. I still am very interested in doing it myself, so if you have any ideas......please fire away. I'm all ears. Thanks for your concern. :)

I just wondered which tracks you were trying to install, maybe I can help you, I have installed countless different tracks, it is usually straightforward, but occasionally they are not always packed correctly in the zip file, so it may have been an error in the files rather than what you were doing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 345 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 234 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%