Help me to drive Lancer Evo X in Rally cross track please.

I never drive 4wd car in sim or real life before.

Setting in clip:
AI 90%, G27 , All assist off, handbrake (Logitech 3d Pro)

Please help me to drive Lance Evo X.
In clip I have two problem:

1) I don't use handbrake (Logitech 3d Pro) because If I apply handbrake the car will slide too much and lose too much time that make AI will lead me 1-2 sec.

1.1) Method to use handbrake I must to apply clutch before handbrake this is the right method ?
1.2) Technic to use handbrake that will not lost too much time ?

2) I feel I'm too much understeer. This is normal characteristic of 4WD ?
2.1) If I accelerate exit turn I feel understeer, any advice ?
2.2) I have problem to point the car before entry turn. I saw Rx real life driver will point car before entry turn. How to point the car sideways before entry the turn ?

Note: AMS+ Action camera . very fantastic . It's seem that I drive car at that moment.
What do you think?

Thank you for help

Well... were to start.

It's a 4wd car. using the handbrake will be so much faster. You can just rip the handbrake, and because it is 4wd when you step in the throttle again the car will almost automatically straighten itself.

When using the handbrake, don't pull and hold, just pull and quickly release. Also try the scandinavian flick. RallyX is all about shifting the weight of the car to where you need it. Making a slight left turn before you chuck the car in a right corner will throw the back around the corner nicely and you can easily follow up with throttle control and a bit of steering.

Here is a video I made, it's not the best driving out there but it proves the point. Note how I shift the weight of the car to where I want it. For example, if I have under steer in the middle of a corner, I lift of the throttle to shift the weight to the front, making it stick and making the back loose then slam on the throttle again.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back