Help me stop the madness...

Why does Steam or rF2 keep autosubscribing me to workshop content I don't want and is there a way to stop it? I've searched through some old post via a google search, but the directions to stop it don't seem to be valid anymore because they are for older versions of the game? Now i've got all this content I don't want and even when I unsubscribe for all content, it keeps adding it to my downloads.

Help please, thank you...

What is your method of unsubscribing?

As I read your description, it reads as if you are manually uninstalling/deleting the mods locally on your PC, and when you start rFactor2, it's running steam workshopsync and re installing again.

I don't understand this game. After the installation, the only track I have to choose from is Nords, which I bought awhile back. I seem to have the car packs I purchased as well. I thought I remembered there were a couple other tracks that came with the game by default though, like Zandvoort, but they are no where to be found.

EDIT: Now i'm really confused because I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and now I don't even have Nords or the GT3 pack I purchased anymore. Not sure what is going on.

Last edited:
I don't understand this game. After the installation, the only track I have to choose from is Nords, which I bought awhile back. I seem to have the car packs I purchased as well. I thought I remembered there were a couple other tracks that came with the game by default though, like Zandvoort, but they are no where to be found.

EDIT: Now i'm really confused because I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and now I don't even have Nords or the GT3 pack I purchased anymore. Not sure what is going on.
The advice below applies ONLY if you have installed the full game and not the demo AND is not a pirated version. So if you meet those conditions try the following.

At the screen that displays the text & images about Nords and the car you are to drive, above that is a line that SHOULD say, 'ALL TRACKS & CARS' If you don't see that, click on whatever text is there and you should get a choice. Also the cars and the tracks, click on the text, not the images. Finally, there are some grey icons on the upper left of the screen, these are two or three different methods of displaying the car and track lists. experiment
Almost every-one figures your very same problem by themselves. But, and I'm not trying to denigrate you, you are one of a small group who have also been un-able to choose but one car or track. I wonder if it is something like a left-brain/right-brain type of thing. What appears completely natural and normal to most, becomes an almost UN-surmountable road-block to a few.

and why, if somebody psychoanalyzes this, do the majority of users facing a probem first begin by un-installing then re-installing? I cannot tell you how many users have done the exact same thing. Unfortunately, Steam only removes the core files when un-installing, so if you did the UN followed by the RE, then you very likely still have the problem waiting for you when you next boot the program. In any event, try my first suggestions and hopefully this will cure your problems. If not, we'll dig deeper.

O h! another question just occurred to me. Again not pointed at you but our group as a whole. Why do users buy DLC or choose Workshop mods without first ensuring the program works and the user understands it's methodology? Too often we see folks who have never encountered rF2, but want to drive something like Nords, so they buy the program and the DLC track and expect everything to just smoothly work, like every other program. rF2 is a unique experience, one needs to learn to walk before jogging.

ok, done waxing existential.... good luck.

Last edited:
I'm slowly working things out. Got all my content installed. So much has changed since the last time I had this game installed. Still don't understand the new 'subscribe you to all workshop content even if you don't want it' concept but i'll deal with it.

Couple of things I noticed right off. Did they make the game easier or just add some difficulty settings they didn't have before that I need to turn off because the cars seem easier to drive than before? Secondly, how do you turn down FFB strength? The wheel is a bit to stiff to turn than I like. Don't see anything in the wheel settings about ffb strength. I could do it through the Windows gaming control panel, but thought I remembered there being a way to do it through the game itself.

Last edited:
The tires have gone thru several iterations/improvements and transmit the feel of grip better. Thus you may find the car easier to drive as the ffb is warning you about potential loss of grip. (and GT3 cars have ABS & TC) To get the true driving experience, try the Norma LMP3. it has no TC or ABS or other driver aids. Plus most tracks default to having some rubber laid down. A green track without any 'real-road' adjustments can feel very slick.
FFB strength can be adjusted at the Calibration screen. Under the Force Feedback section, reduce the CAR SPECIFIC Multiplyer. It defaults to 100% but many users adjust down to around 70 to 75%. You'll find some cars require more, some less. And, while you are at the calibration screens. Try to place most of the sensitivity sliders near the center. Do not use the iRacing method of moving a slider either full left or full right.(for linear steering response)

OK here is what you do

Don't move your userdata folder BUT back it up if you must ( I only backup real road setups and skins )

Okay lets say you just find it doing again ..okay

1. PULL your internet connection DON'T pause downloads PULL your connection either pull ethernet out or disconnect from wireless so no more download possible but DONT pause steam

NOW go to workshop and scroll straight down as far as you can go
click on tab on right side SEE ALL xxx ITEMS

Now go back to top and click browse then click SUBSCRIBED ITEMS

Now unsubscribe everything you don't want
THIS WAY you don't have to go from one item page to another loading new windows takes years lol !!

just keep clicking on the ticked items 716 on 18 pages should take a few minute
just click click click dont stop next page etc

Then plug internet in it will finish downloading 1 ITEM then go back unsubscribe that

all done matter of minutes

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.2%