F1 2010 Help me get the Force India pitlane bug fixed!

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I need you to do two things:

1) Sign up to the official Codemasters forum and post in this thread.
2) Once you have done that, send a quick email to tips@Kotaku.com outlining how horrendous it is that Codemasters not only refuses to fix the bug, but ignores the issue, emails, PMs and locks down threads about it.

I know this has a very slim chance of working, but it will take 5 minutes of your time, so I ask you nicely to help fix a game breaking bug in what is otherwise a fantastic racing experience.

Thank you!

Force india bug

I think that i read somewhere that there is a possible work around for the force india pit stop bug :
The moment you leave your pitbox and when the car is really slow, push esc to pause the game and then push continue and it should be fine again
Did anybody tried this yet?

like I said in the other thread, have people spam their twitter, there's a few CM people pretty active on there so at least they won't be able to say 'O we didn't notice your report'

If they get enough people tweeting them about it they might get annoyed enough to still do something about it, but it's a very, very long shot.

Force India OffLine PC Career 20% RacePit Issue

As I just posted on CM:
"My first 3 Force India offline PC/Steam career 20% races ( Bahrain, Melbourne & Malaysia ) have all been pretty much ruined by the lollipop being held in my face for 5 - 7 excruciating seconds when there is not ANY other car in the pitlane... Frankly, I was so incensed each time that I don't even remember my pitlane speed.

I purposely quali on primes so that I can duck in for a final 3 lap sprint on options.. and by then all other cars have pitted.

And to think I have hesitated to bring this up here on the forum because I figured it was my pc somehow.. not even thinking about the possibility a glitch or worse: the fear of a forum ban...
Hope they un-ban you.. :0)

Go Massa in '11 !

Vid in support for getting this fixed so we can have 12 player online races :)

IF you want to try and get this fixed, tweet the people listed in the vid, starting with force india itself @clubforce . Perhaps if they see what CM has done to their car they might start putting some pressure on them. PR is everything for these F1 teams, they might actually respond to their car being butchered by CM imo.

Foliorum (in case you cant see it seeing as you're banned over there) Since you got banned you seem to be getting more support.

I just posted this

E-mailed this to their (Force India) press department.

While this isnt specifically your problem, Codemasters make an officially licensed F1 game, called F1 2010. I would like to make you aware that your team Force India (& only your team) has been made unplayable. Many online racing leagues have banned the use of the Force India team in the game due to the problem.
When pitting all the other teams are limited to the official 60 mph pit speed rule, but Force India (& only Force India) is limited to 40 mph.
This has either been done on purpose under the terms of the F1 license, or it is a bug. Codemasters wont acknowledge it & it seems dont want to tackle it.
Either way it makes the Force India team look bad compared to the other teams.
Perhaps you guys (or FOM) could bring some pressure to bear on Codemasters to fix the situation (especially if they are breaching the F1 license.)

Thanks

*awaits infraction* (from CM)

Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

I've just posted this over on the CM forums under a new account:

Hello, this is FOLIORUM VIRIDUM here. Banned for raising issues, eh?

SynGamer said:
I try not to speak of other members in public, but the user in question was banned for spamming/trolling. There is a clear difference between asking a question, wanting an answer, and spamming the forums with the same "bump" posts and trolling constantly.

Really? Hmm. Sure it wasn't because I was getting a lot of attention to this issue?

T4RG4 said:
To be fair to the mods, I asked them to have a look at this. I don't appreciate my inbox being spammed on a daily basis. I try to reply to people as often as I can, when I have the time, but some people take things way too far and what you see on the forum isn't always the complete story.

There are plenty of people that present their arguments in a more sensible manner. We don't expect everyone to have the same opinion as us. Well, I do in the office but that's a different matter
smile.gif

Instead of commenting on my ban, why not COMMENT ON THE ISSUE WE ARE RAISING? YOU HAVE PROVEN YOURSELF TO BE READING BUT FAIL TO ACKNOWLEDGE THE BUG EVEN EXISTS.

Here is proof that the community has had enough:

Webber2011 said:
There's a clear difference between honestly answering a question, and blatantly skirting around it, closing related threads and banning people that insist on a response too Syngamer.

I was happy to sit on the sidelines and see how this panned out, but this latest action, (banning) is absolutely pathetic and speaks hugely about Codemaster's agenda.

We are NOT muppets, and all is being asked for is ONE SIMPLE REPLY ! ! !

Dog1 said:
I and many other paying customers don't like getting ripped off either. The OP deserves a public answer and a refund direct from CM, not a ban to gag him. If anyone is being spammed, it's us. The game has serious flaws and you just ignore them and pretend that problems do not exist.

20 emails and not one courteous reply to him? If I had a ban button that was so easy to push, you CM guys would be the first I would ban for taking our money so easily and not providing the support that we deserve. I am furious at your behaviour and that of your henchmen.
censored.gif
cussing.gif
Dispicable bullying and gagging.
cussing.gif

TheVillain said:
your inbox prolly wouldn't get spammed if we'd have an actual answer to our bug reports...

Ssscrudddy said:
That is the trouble though isnt it. You (meaning CM) arent answering any1 it seems, hence leading to the so called trolling & constant bump & constant e-mails. It could so easily be dealt with properly & all this would go away. As an example I vaguely rember Helios I think answering about a second patch, but its buried somewhere in this forum & I'll be damned if I can find it again, eventually he stopped answering, but it could so easily have been stickied... (& for the record my personal opinion was that it was a politicians answer designed to make you think possibly yes but in reality no)

Edit. I've just answered the but its this kind of thing that would ultimately put me off. Answer was probably yes...

nick_chicane said:
I'd happily take having my inbox spammed over the problems us gamers have all had with F1 2010. Count yourself lucky!
wink.gif

TheVillain said:
yea they stopped ignoring his thread, but they still ignored the actual content of his message: you have a gamebreaking bug in your game, whatcha gonna do about it.

this is ludicrous

hughesy said:
how can you ban someone for asking a question??? if codies gave him an answers then he would stop spamming em
brickwall.gif
. its obvious they wont patch 2010 so why not just say so
rolleyes.gif

mitch12 said:
+1 to that unban him

Phil Hill said:
The thing I don't understand is that SynGamer and T4RG4 were so willing to talk about why the guy was banned, yet remained completely silent about the problems that he brought up. I just don't understand CM's complete lack of customer support. They won't even acknowledge the hundreds of people on these forums who say that there are problems with the game.

Sure, some of the problems are beyond fixing and will hopefully be fixed in 2011. But many of the problems have a big effect on gameplay and really need to be fixed. Just bizarre that no one will address people's complaints.

TheVillain said:
Check out my video on it linked below (and dozens other about it on youtube), and get tweeting/emailing to the adresses provided. Perhaps if we let Force India itself know that their car had been made impossible in the game they might start putting some pressure on CM. PR is everything to these F1 teams so it's worth a shot. Tweet them@clubforce.

[youtube]VUSK6yWE2-U[/youtube]

KingKiKapu said:
This thread is just the biggest fail in customer support and respect i've ever seen. Srsly CM customer (Un)support & management change your attitude. All people want is one little tiny sentence if sth. is done about it or a little sry and that the post release support on F12011 will be improved.

Everyone who thinks of buying F12011 and if its bugged at start should really think wisely.

Ssscrudddy said:
thumbsup.gif
+1

E-mailed this to their press department.

While this isnt specifically your problem, Codemasters make an officially licensed F1 game, called F1 2010. I would like to make you aware that your team Force India (& only your team) has been made unplayable. Many online racing leagues have banned the use of the Force India team in the game due to the problem.
When pitting all the other teams are limited to the official 60 mph pit speed rule, but Force India (& only Force India) is limited to 40 mph.
This has either been done on purpose under the terms of the F1 license, or it is a bug. Codemasters wont acknowledge it & it seems dont want to tackle it.
Either way it makes the Force India team look bad compared to the other teams.
Perhaps you guys (or FOM) could bring some pressure to bear on Codemasters to fix the situation (especially if they are breaching the F1 license.)

Thanks

*awaits infraction*

f1boy93 said:
Oh dear, this thread looks like a case study in how not to handle a customer's quesiton...

Dog1 said:
Come on CM, un-ban the OP. He has done nothing wrong. This is pure bad forum management. Disgusting.
mad.gif

Ssscrudddy said:
Lol, I see they've banned him!!! OK so he's annoying, but he's right, even if he isnt going about it they way you guys want him to. Thing is if you dealt with it he would proobably go away...

Its actually rather shameful the way CM have just decided to pretend its not happening.

Keep it up, guys! You are doing me proud. Remember to email this thread (this post especially) to tips@Kotaku.com to get maximum exposure. Also tweet Force India directly at @clubforce. on twitter!

CM - If you ban me again, I will simply sign up over and over again. Let's not have that cat and mouse game, shall we? I'll forget you banning me OP account, as long as this one lives. All I'm looking for is an answer, to be me over sending PMs to try and get one is absurd.

Please - PLEASE - sign up and voice your concerns people!

Just posted at Gamespot UK regarding the same thing

http://uk.gamespot.com/forums/topic/27598465/game-support-or-lack-thereof&msg_id=328550336#328550336

Game support (or lack thereof)

When a new game comes out it gets massively hyped, reviews etc...

But what happens when these games don't work properly. We would expect the peeps who make them to support them put them right with patche s etc & stay in touch with their community.

As an F1 fan I was very pleased when we had a new title F1 2010 from Codemasters. It got massively hyped. Loadsa peeps bought it. Thats when the bugs became apparent.

Now I'm not going to go into those bugs, its all over the internet, just google F1 2010. For the record it's a fantastic game, with some appalling gamebreakers.

But what is particularly annoying is the lack of support. A patch was put out within a couple of months of release. But unfortunately the patch seemed to break more than it fixed. Even more unfortunately the claims to what it fixed wasnt exactly true.

But the worst, is that after this patch, Codemasters simply dissappeared. No help, no acknowledgement of anything, no replies either on the forum or the official support e-mail address. It's like they thought if they stay quiet for long enough we will all simply foget about it.

Now it seems they have decided to start banning people who complain too much about the bugs, without bothering to tackle them or give any support or feed back to their paying customers.

Here is a particularly relevant thread with regards to CMs F1 2010, titled So rather than HELP us, Codemasters wants to IGNORE us

http://community.codemasters.com/fo...odemasters-wants-ignore-us-2.html#post6955937

Some people will say move on get over it, some people will keep banging on about it. But the thing is The more these companies get away with it, the more they will do it. We need to kick up a stink when this kind of thing happens. Otherwise we will eventually reach the point where you pay your money & get literally nothing.

I would ask the people at Gamespot next time you do an editors review or reccomendation whatever of the next installment of this game, F1 2011, how about mentioning the support that Codemasters (dont) give. Be honest with your members instead of just helping to hype a company that is treating its paying customers rather shamefully. Also do the same for any other titles out there.

I really hope, that this will bring codies to the point, to fix it. Sad, that the fans/users have to take this ways. But CM's support is always worse. If they will fix it, they really should take a good look into their forum or maybe even here...so they can fix a few more bugs...to make us happy and make a little more sure that F1 2011 will be a good-seller! With their support-tactics at the moment, I think there will not be so much people buying the game as it was with F1 2010, when everybody expected a mabye nearly perfect F1-Game after so much years with nothing.

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back