Help me decide on a 2nd wheel/base

So this didn't take long - buy a second seat and wheel/base.

I just setup my playseat F1 red, Thrustmaster TS-PC 488 wheel and Oculus Rift last week... my 6 year old son, loved it... but the F1 seat is a total pain to adjust (both pedals, wheel, etc). It's also hard to get into and out of (like an F1 car, go figure)... my son could not reach the pedals. So he was steering, but i had to use the pedals by hand for him.

I just ordered him his own Playseat, the Red Bull WRC version - looks so sweet...

Question - what wheel and base should I buy???
1) buy another TS-PC, but with the Formula wheel (okay, but I can always buy the F! Ferrari wheel add-on).
2) buy a TS-XW - Spraco wheel? Thing looks sweet also, but is $700 here in the U.S.

I imagine, i will be using the Red Bull seat quite a bit too... the F1 seat is just a pain to get in and out of... but I still like it... it looks awesome and i will have it for a very long time...

so I came to my own conclusion - going to move my 488 wheel over to the new red bull WRC playseat and see if my son really takes an interest in the sim racing, before plunking down $700 more on another nice wheel set. besides i only have one gaming PC and one rift...

I want to wait for the new rift to come out before buy another, so dont really need two setups right now.

if I was to buy another, i would buy the sparco wheel. I like the red housing and would look cool on my red f1 playseat, and covered with some Ferrari stickers...

Besides - its getting wamer here in the Northeast USA and I bought my son a birel art kid kart over the winter. so going to be at the track this spring in real life! I have a newer tony kart with rotax engine setup.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 79 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 64 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 38 6.1%
  • < 5 years