Help me build a high end rig from scratch....

I want to build a high end rig almost from scratch, I already have a high end PC and waiting for my new LG OLED CX tv.

I still have my old Thrustmaster tx sitting on a flimsy Playseat evolution. Now it's time to move on...

I really don't have any preference though I like the look of the Fanatec wheels.

I was thinking of:

- DD1 motor or DD2
- Podium racing wheel formula with the podium paddles
- Podium racing wheel GT3

- Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals or Meca Cup1 (seems high end but should I trust this company??)

- For the shifter and handbrake I really don't know what to buy?? I won't use them as much but I want high quality!

To hold everything in place I was thinking of the SimLab P1-X, my first choice was the Rseat S1 for the look, but after reading it seems
it can't properly hold DD motors.

I will of course need a seat with sliders, I also need sliders for my pedals. My son really like sim racing so I need to be able to move pedals and seat easily. In maybe 2 years he will be my height so that won't bother anyway, up until he gets taller than me!!! :)

Also if the rig can easily move from a place to another (maybe on wheels??) that would be a plus, but not mandatory.

I live in Canada so I need parts than can be shipped home easily.

Budget around 10k$ (CAN) so around 7k$US.

I mostly play these games:

- F1, ACC, Dirt, Project Cars...

Sometimes I like simcade games like:

- Forza, Grid, etc...

Any help would be appreciated, I really don't have any preference... I have heard about Accuforce, Simcube, etc... but I'm completely lost!

SimIabs P1X + Every option you need -
Fanatec PS4 Podium + Kill Switch -
Fanatec GT3 Porsche Rim -
Thrustmaster Sparco mod Shifter + Handbrake -
HE Sprint Pedals -
Sparco EVO 2 seat -

Upvote 0
SimIabs P1X + Every option you need -
Fanatec PS4 Podium + Kill Switch -
Fanatec GT3 Porsche Rim -
Thrustmaster Sparco mod Shifter + Handbrake -
HE Sprint Pedals -
Sparco EVO 2 seat -

thanks.

regarding the seat. Really near 1000$ for a seat ? Is that mandatory to pay has much just for the seat ?

Upvote 0
I finally went for:

- P1-X
- NRG Prisma seat
- SM2 Pro
- Ascher F28 wireless
- Heusinkveld sprint Pedals
- Heusinkveld handbrake
- Gamer 2 buttkicker.

I have finished building the P1-X this weekend. Here's some pictures:

Tomorrow I will get the equipment.

I am soooo excited!!!

I will also need a Rally wheel with shifters but I don't know what to buy yet!

Upvote 0
I finally went for:

- P1-X
- NRG Prisma seat
- SM2 Pro
- Ascher F28 wireless
- Heusinkveld handbrake
- Gamer 2 buttkicker.

I have finished building the P1-X this weekend. Here's some pictures:

Tomorrow I will get the equipment.

I am soooo excited!!!

I will also need a Rally wheel with shifters but I don't know what to buy yet!

Good Job! Keep us updated! ;)

Upvote 0
Looks like it should be a great setup to me. Since you were going with HE Pedals, good decision with the SC2 over the DD1 or DD2. If your not going to use Fanatec pedals, it just seems like the SC2 is a bit better. The advantage Fanatec has is really all in it's consul compatibility which also locks you into their pedals. Outside of that, it seems like most people think the SC2 has the advantage. Everyone loves the P1-X and it has worked great for me as well. Just don't crank everything down as tight as you can. Yes, you don't want stuff to move, but I overdid it tightening things which I regret every time I want to adjust something.

Upvote 0
Looks like it should be a great setup to me. Since you were going with HE Pedals, good decision with the SC2 over the DD1 or DD2. If your not going to use Fanatec pedals, it just seems like the SC2 is a bit better. The advantage Fanatec has is really all in it's consul compatibility which also locks you into their pedals. Outside of that, it seems like most people think the SC2 has the advantage. Everyone loves the P1-X and it has worked great for me as well. Just don't crank everything down as tight as you can. Yes, you don't want stuff to move, but I overdid it tightening things which I regret every time I want to adjust something.

I read a lot on forums and other places, and finally choose the SC2 Pro, it seems to be an upgrade above the Fanatec DD. A small one but with Fanatec we are a little bit stuck with their ecosystem. I wanted an Ascher wheel or a Cube Control wheel, that was complicated with a DD Fanatec.

Yeah I just finished building the P1-X, what a pleasure!!! It's well made and the possibilities are almost infinite.

Upvote 0
I have almost the exact same setup. Except I went with the GT Omega Prime which is a clone of the P1X but I have Simlabs SC2 mount and their pedal plate. I will upgrade to the NRG Prisma too.
‘Did you get the regular Prisma or the large? How is the comfort?

Upvote 0
I finally went for:

- P1-X
- NRG Prisma seat
- SM2 Pro
- Ascher F28 wireless
- Heusinkveld handbrake
- Gamer 2 buttkicker.

Another Canadian here, also looking to build a full rig. My list and your list are very similar! May I ask where you ended up ordering everything? I find the local options a little on the pricy side.

Upvote 0
I have almost the exact same setup. Except I went with the GT Omega Prime which is a clone of the P1X but I have Simlabs SC2 mount and their pedal plate. I will upgrade to the NRG Prisma too.
‘Did you get the regular Prisma or the large? How is the comfort?

I went for the large one, which is not actually that large! I'm 5'8 175 pounds and it's perfect for me. My build is not complete yet but it looks like it will be very comfortable.

Upvote 0
Another Canadian here, also looking to build a full rig. My list and your list are very similar! May I ask where you ended up ordering everything? I find the local options a little on the pricy side.

I ordered from Murray Motorsports all the electronics, really good service and well packaged. For the rig itself I ordered it directly at Sim-Lab.

Prices in Canada are ridiculous, I have saved at least 2000$ on the complete kit compared to simulation1.ca

Upvote 0
I ordered from Murray Motorsports all the electronics, really good service and well packaged. For the rig itself I ordered it directly at Sim-Lab.

Prices in Canada are ridiculous, I have saved at least 2000$ on the complete kit compared to simulation1.ca
Thanks for the suggestions. :) May I also inquire on the shipping costs? And did you encounter Duty or Brokerage fees on top of everything? I know how to clear my own packages to save on import fees, but if it's not terribly bad I might save myself the hassle and just pay it.

Thanks in advance for the help. Much appreciated.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the suggestions. :) May I also inquire on the shipping costs? And did you encounter Duty or Brokerage fees on top of everything? I know how to clear my own packages to save on import fees, but if it's not terribly bad I might save myself the hassle and just pay it.

Thanks in advance for the help. Much appreciated.

your welcome!

For the P1-X at SimLab:

UPS 198$ EURO$
Total order 877$ EURO$ including the shipping.
Converted to CAN$ = 1377$
UPS fees is around 15% (here in Quebec GST+QST) of that 1377$ = 167$

For the rest at Murray Motorsport:

DHL 115$ EURO$
Total order 2690$ EURO$ including the shipping.
Converted to CAN$ = 4142$
DHL fees is around 15% = 646$

My understanding is that both DHL and UPS charges the amount of taxes you have in your province, here in Quebec we have a 10% taxes that we add over the 5% GST taxes..... yes 15% outch!

I bought the NRG seat at a local store in Laval for 600$ CAN.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 329 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 221 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.8%
  • < 5 years