HELP! Logitech G27 brakes applying throttle also!

I'm having some issues with my Logitech G27.
Throttle is applying to about 65% maximum. Can't get full throttle!
Also, applying the brakes also applies the throttle about 35%!
I've cleaned out the inside of the pedal set. Sprayed some cleaner into the potentiometers inside which previously solved some automatic clutch application problems. But this did not change anything this time.
I'm hoping this is a known issue with easy solution.

HELP!

This may be poor electrical connections among wiring and potentiometers
or perhaps connector under the wheel base or cable failure.
A similar behavior occurs e.g. on cars when a tail light assembly loses good ground connection,
then turn signal for one side affects the illumination from the other.

Try removing and remaking each connection, one at a time.
If any potentiometer connections are loose, try carefully pinching them tighter.

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 1234936

Last time I had this, I had to re-calibrate three times to fix the pedals.

J

Upvote 0
Your potentiometers could need a clean. It doesn't seem likely that the throttle input is carrying across to the break - what I think is more likely is that the potentiometer on the brake is bunged up with muck and is going a bit haywire. The potentiometers on the Logitech pedals are not great to start with, but I was getting similar issues with my G29 pedals. When I opened up the case, the potentiometers were full of dog fur and much.

There are various guides on YouTube on how to clean them. I then put sticky velcro around the holes where the pedals stick through - if you use the soft side of the velcro, it does a pretty good job of catching dust and muck.

Upvote 0
Your potentiometers could need a clean. It doesn't seem likely that the throttle input is carrying across to the break - what I think is more likely is that the potentiometer on the brake is bunged up with muck and is going a bit haywire. The potentiometers on the Logitech pedals are not great to start with, but I was getting similar issues with my G29 pedals. When I opened up the case, the potentiometers were full of dog fur and much.

There are various guides on YouTube on how to clean them. I then put sticky velcro around the holes where the pedals stick through - if you use the soft side of the velcro, it does a pretty good job of catching dust and muck.

i know this post is a bit old, i have the exact same issue where when i push my break in my throttle is also applyed to 40-60%. i did exactly what the video does (cleaning the pot on the accel and didnt work and did the breaks nothing again. i also reassembling it properly and didnt work) after i did all of that the whole pedal set (throttle,break and clutch) doesnt work now (i rewatched it to see if i didnt anything wrong and put it back together abt 3 times)? I might need to recalibrate it but idk how to as there are no tutrls. (Side note. I also took apart my wheel to check if there were any loose connections to the pedal port and every thing seemed fine and nothing happened). Do you have any fixes, if not i can just buy new pedals for my G27.

Upvote 0
when i push my break in my throttle is also applyed to 40-60%
When one pedal physical setting affects another's value, that is a wiring problem.
Depending on Logitech version, one end of potentiometers should connect to ground
while other ends connect to 3.5 or 5 Volts. Instead, potentiometers are connected together
but some power or ground connection is poor.
A corroded pin in the pedal connector or frayed wire in the cable or loose ground
or other connection inside the pedals (or perhaps wheelbase) causes this.

You may have e.g. noticed on some vehicle trailer that one turn signal causes other lights to flicker
or brake lights cause tail lights to dim or extinguish for the same reason: high resistance in grounding path causing current to return by other paths. A multimeter helps sort these issues.

Upvote 0
The wiring is very straight forward.

DFPG25modi.png

If you are having issues with the plug then perhaps cut off the connector and solder on a new one?

Or make a completely new cable?
It just needs something with five cores and some connectors.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The wiring is very straight forward.

View attachment 682000
If you are having issues with the plug then perhaps cut off the connector and solder on a new one?
sadly my solder doesnt work anymore. If that is the issue i could do it but id rather not go through the hassle (yes it could be the fix but its too much trouble atm for me) and just buying new g27 pedals for £40 ish is fine and would most likley fix my issue because everything including my shifter and wheel are working perfectly fine.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 85 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing