Help! Load Cell with Leobodnar board

Hi,
I have recently made a DIY Hydraulic Handbrake, but unfortunately it stop working (need to make an autopsy). So i decided to attach a load cell (the same used in the Fanatec CSP V1) to the Handbrake using the Leobodnar board "BU0836-LC".

Example of the loadcell:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/FRE...lgo_pvid=4ec473f6-c5ee-4aca-8e33-a879bd92ad54

But unfortunately I cannot have any reaction in Windows when I connect the board. I tried to connect in the normal analog ports, no result... I tried to connect to the Loadcell amplifer port, no result...
NOTE: the board is working, just the analog axis doesn't move, although it detects something connected.
To check if the loadcells are working, I attach them to the my pedals, and they work...
I even played with the wires position, inverting in all combination possible, with no result...
I have no idea what can i do next...

So, the question:
With this specific Loadcell, is mandatory to have a Amplifier? Or, i can connect directly to the analog ports?
So, please help me with this problem!!!

Tiago Viana

So, update about the problem.

I will use basic language because i don't understand much about electronics.

The problem is: The load cell from Fanatec or "toilet scale" only uses 3 wires. But the load cell amplifier requires a 4 wires connection. (called Half Bridge)
So, is require to connect something between to transform it 3 to 4. Leo Bodnar offers a PCB with this function. But it will cost me 20€ to have it at my door.

I found on the internet some alternatives to the LB board.
One requires a setup with 2 LC (already tried and it works, but i need to have a extra LC hanging around, doing nothing).
The other, some how, i connect 2 1k Ohm resistor. Unfortunately i could find a good tutorial with this setup. I found 2 setups, but it didn't work.

I will keep posting my challenges!

Tiago Viana

Upvote 0
Hi!
So, good news. I solve all the problems. In one forum i read that i needed to use 1k ohm resistor, but didn't work.
So, luckily i had some 10k ohm resistor around, and it worked. So, no need to have two LC connected. I will make a schematic of this, for people with interest on this subject.

Note: my knowledge of electronics, don't allow me to explain why 1k isn't good and 10k is... so, don't expect me to answer any complex question... :)

Upvote 0
Hi!
So, good news. I solve all the problems. In one forum i read that i needed to use 1k ohm resistor, but didn't work.
So, luckily i had some 10k ohm resistor around, and it worked. So, no need to have two LC connected. I will make a schematic of this, for people with interest on this subject.

Note: my knowledge of electronics, don't allow me to explain why 1k isn't good and 10k is... so, don't expect me to answer any complex question... :)

Hi can you please show the schematic of 10k ohm resistor connection ? Thanks

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 348 28.2%