help in configuring / setup / handling car mod

hi, i have a handling problem on a car mod ... it goes like this:

(MOD GRID GT ... Ferrari 488 GTE GTLE car and Lamborghini Huracan GTD) only on those.

VERY long straight > maximum speed (FULL TOP, as in lemans) > long braking (but not full braking, only under "half" speed)> smooth-medium TURN > I release the brake = result I lose the tail of the car.

-I have telemetry xd ... and no ... the tires are not cold.
-It's almost useless if the spoiler is at 10.
-It is almost useless that the rear tires have low pressure.
-happens on mild-medium "braking and turning" turns .... but loss of rear control happens JUST after releasing the brake ... (increases turn)

the feeling is as if the rear tires are COLD ... and more precisely: as if you use soft tires FORWARD and hard tires REAR. that's the feeling.
(obviously I have the same compound in both)

any other help? (Sorry ... I forgot to mention that my menu is in Spanish :roflmao: :roflmao: ... so I won't understand the names of the arrangements ... if you know or can ... they "translate" them for me)

thank you. I'm sick of kissing walls at 250kph / to imitate vettel

Last edited:
shovas..update the thread.

Obviously on "slow" tracks it is NOT noticeable .. this happens NEAR the speed limit. It is not as serious as it seems ... but when they are on fast tracks and VERY FAST TURNS it happens.

not in monza ... there the braking is very straight and without twists. rather in lemans (sector 3)

if anyone help me ... i don't think its a mod problem ... i think it can be fixed with config fixes. (yes, it seems like a MINOR mod design problem ... but it's still manageable and enjoyable)

Last edited:
I reiterate: I think it can be fixed with game configs (you already know, the car setup) ... but since I have no brain:sleep: ... I need your help.

(mañana leo todas sus ayudas... recien mañana abrire internet) SALUDOS.

Last edited:
If it is specifically on release of the brakes and turn-in of high and mid speed corners the weight transfers too quick to the front and stays too long. You can try to soften the front (slow) bump and stiffen the front (slow) rebound. Also stiffening the rear bumps is usually a good trick in GTR2 to help settle the rear.
And indeed, increase brake bias.
What is the camber and caster settings?

Last edited:
ok ... the problem is the MOD. The mod has 12 levels of the rear spoiler. below 10 is almost the same = loss of the rear. and the strangest thing is that it goes faster (kph) when the angle of the aileron is HIGHER (10>). :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: (tightens the rear wheels)

-I think the mod is VERY adapted to one type of race (gte, gtlm) and these particular cars have many to
-At full speed the soft tires turn RED (tomatoes:mad:). barely the hard in green.:speechless: (xd telemetry)
-It has too much inclination ... the rear ones only have contact with the ground on the inside of the tire (red). the external one is green.

... if I change the incline everything stays even, but the handling is even worse.
in short ... either the mod is very adapted to a specific type of race or it is poorly designed ... (I doubt it, GT Italia Modding Team).

SOLUTION:
1- use rear spoiler in 10
2- the bias brake in 60-40
3 (only on VERY fast track) use hard tires to reduce the temperature.
... the other aids that you mentioned could "alleviate" the problem a little bit ... but almost nothing.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE HELP.
I Downloaded the manual "21 Steps Guide for GTR2" or whatever it is called it was of great help.
update:
it's called "SETUP GUIDE FOR GTR2: SETUP YOUR CAR IN 21 STEPS" and it's in 5 languages;)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back