Help - I'm Lost!!?? How do I start with Richard Burns Rally?

OK, everybody says it's easy, everybody says we now have the installer for complete stuff...

Well sorry, but I've been looking to get started with this for a couple of days now, but I have no idea what else do I need...

How many all in one packs are there and which ones should I aim for? I thought this czech website was the leading thing and had an all in one installer, I have installed their allegedly all in one installer from:

Then downloaded the tracks. Now the installer worked, but the track pack I have no idea how to install, the README is in czech "Návod k použití.txt", wtf?? Other websites state there's an installer for the tracks, well I coudln't find it inside, I just find this content inside the archive and no idea what to do with it:

1586040146304.png

Also it does seem like the allegedly "all in one pack" didn't even have VR plugin, so I had to install the VR plugin from http://www.kegetys.fi/rbrvr-richard-burns-rally-vr-mod-for-openvr/, though I'm not sure how many VR plugins/mods RBR has and which one is the best currently? Can somebody help here please?

Then I realized that this isn't a real "all in one" pack, so I searched for all in one stuff and found some people stating that the only thing that is really needed for RBR is the RSRBR mod https://forum.rallyesim.fr/ - this? So I'm confused now, is the czech mod the leading all in one thing or this french one? French would seem like an easier way to go because I can understand some french, but then I'm asking myself now the question - does this mean I'll only be able to compete online with the french public? Or which public is bigger, or are they interconnected when it comes to online competitions??

Then I found this Quick stard guide:

It talks about the czech all in one thing, but it is different from the one from the czech website, so is this a third thing or the same? Can I merge them all together or can I only choose one of the 3 distributions?? This is soo confusing.

Then I found this (also for all in one???)
RBRCzLauncher:

So I wanted to go for this, but I noticed, they say I have to have some stuff installed like the "RBRCIT Tool, TrackListing Tool and RBRSetupManager Tool. " - I don't get it, I have the impression that I only have the RBRCIT Tool and the others are missing. Anybody mind explaining how that is possible if I have installed the "all in one pack" and should have all the basic stuff??

I also found other things like people mentioning some reshade mod in gameplay videos, but no official websites or nothing related to that, just maybe some forum posts with 3 or 4 year old versions?

What I really want/need:

* To get started with Richard Burns Rally, using the best quality mods (especially reality enhancing mods), including things like VR, visible hands/body in the car, best graphics and sound possible and having all the quality cars/tracks and being able to race online with as big community and set this up as easy as possible (though, admittedly, it has already failed to be easy by far...)...

I'd be really of someone could shed some light here on how to get there? Is there like a master guide saying what kinds of mods there are out there and how it all works, how we can make it all run looking good and what else we might need? Which would be available in at least one of the following languages: English or German or Spanish or Italian or French or Dutch, since I don't understand Czech. Is there something like an index??

It's been a long since I've had to post a desperate post like this (and I hate asking in forums for help), but really, I could usually find everything already there, except for now... Really no idea what to do now...

Last edited:
Quick answer to your problems: Install RBR Pro, I guess.

But trying to really address the confusion with the "all-in-ones":

I see that there are at least two "All in ones". The one posted by Leza Dreamizer on this post. I don't know if he keeps it updated or not. It's not "official" , I don't know how it works, so I don't know if I can recommended it. It doesn't seem to include add-on tracks.

The "official" solution to get all the content easily (well, it's just a guy in the CZ plugin forum mantaining it, but it got linked by the official " Instruction how play Richard Burns Rally (RBR) using the plugin" page, so at some point it became at least semi-official) is divided into two parts:

First part: The "quick installers":

There are two of them. You have to choose. First the one that doesn't include tracks (only enables missing reversed vanilla tracks: Sipirkakim II, Mineshaft II, etc), but includes everything else needed to play online. I quote the link:

Especially for the new ones I created these installers, thanks to them you can quickly and without problems start play here on the plugin. The installers contain everything you need, except for the original game
Exclamation
(if you don´t have the original game, write me a pm). They contain the tournament plugin itself, the RBR patch 1.02 and the missing reversed tracks of the original stages. In addition, they will install NGP physics, which is a major improvement over the original game physics. With NGP physics you get the newest cars, including the new WRC, as well as a wide range of historic cars. 7 selected cars will be installed for you. At the same time, you can easily install any other NGP car using RBRCIT (RBR Car Installation Tool). Best way to get all tracks is RBR Czech ALL IN ONE (TrackPack).

This installer is quite small, a bit over 100 MB. The second installer comes with some popular add-on stages included so it weights a lot more (4 GB), but it doesn't include all of the tracks used in online rallies, so you won't be able to enter some of the online rallies with just this installer. How to get all tracks? You could install all missing tracks one by one with their individual installers (they are all in the download section of the CZ page). But there is a better alternative. Here comes the second part of the solution:

The "all-in-one" referred in the CZ page (and suggested in the above quote) is an all-in-one track pack (it is in fact called TrackPack, not all-in-one) . All tracks, no all everything (tracks, plugins, cars, visual mods...) as you may have thought. The way to install it is simple enough: It is a 7zip archive split into several ~2GB files. Dowload all files to the same directory and uncompress the .001 file (the rest are uncompressed automatically) to the folder where you installed RBR. Overwrite when required.

There may be still some tracks missing. TrackPack isn't kept in sync with the track releases in real time. If some stage is released between "editions" of the TrackPack (currently we are at TrackPack 10.05.2020), you'll have to install it individually, but it won't be more than a handful of tracks if any (as of this this writing, no individual extra tracks are needed).

So my suggestion would be: Install the the first quick installer (or the second if you don't mind downloading some tracks two times), then the TrackPack then the missing tracks, if any. You can check what tracks you are missing from the in game menu options>plugin>RBR Tournament>Addon>tracks check

Note: if you follow the links in the official guide and get a "The topic or post you requested does not exist " it's because the links only work if you have selected the Czech language beforehand, so you are directed to the Czech part of their forum, where the relevant topics id's exist. It's an oversight on their part. That is, the fix is just to click on the Czech flag first. The forum messages themselves are written first in Czech then in English.

P.S. Unlike the Leza all-in-one (that is not that all-in-one), the "official" solution doesn't include visual mods. It doesn't include the VR plugin either, it just includes the minimum to play online without problems.

Also worth of note is that the TrackPack includes some fixes for certain tracks not available if you downoad tracks one by one from the CZ page. More info in the TrackPack link.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.3%