HELP . I would like to start racing online.......

Hi Guys, I would like to start racing online with RF2, but there are a few basic things that I would like to know first, I am hoping someone can help me with.

Tires ..In AC this is fairly simple, just download an app, run a few laps and it will give you the correct pressures for the tires ..you are then good to go ...what is the procedure in RF2?

Is there a quick way of finding out what tire compound one needs to use?

Fuel ..Is the built in fuel amount accurate? or do you use a third party app?

I use VR ..How do I get the tire app to show in game?

Setups ..I have recently started doing my own setups, but still struggling at times (much to learn) where is the best place to find setups?

Leaderboard ...Is there a leader board around to get a good idea of race pace?

I do hope someone is able to help ...

Tires ..In AC this is fairly simple, just download an app, run a few laps and it will give you the correct pressures for the tires ..you are then good to go ...what is the procedure in RF2?

Setups ..I have recently started doing my own setups, but still struggling at times (much to learn) where is the best place to find setups?

I do hope someone is able to help ..
For tires - which(and how?) app in AC would calculate optimum pressure?
If I understand correctly your requirements, then I'm no aware of any such plugin in rF2. On right "LCD" you can cycle to have tire temperatures and wear. But I think "optimum" pressure is not that easy to find. It depends on track, conditions, setup, driving style etc. Same with tire compound

Fuel: I think there's no third-party app, but yes by default it shows how many laps fuel will last. If you want to find fuel amount for duration then you need to calculate according to your pace per lap.
Setups: for me the most convenient is to ask someone (who is fast:) ) on server to share it online.

Leaderboard: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/simhub-tv-style-scrolling-leaderboards.18746/
but I didn't use it (yet)

Minimum pressure is faster 99% of the times, so don't worry about that.
Go in the workshop, you'll find the HUD from smhq (or a similar name). I think it has a VR HUD.
I wouldn't download setups tbh. Pick a car, play with its settings a bit and if you have questions, ask here or pm me.

EDIT: there is no leaderboard on rFactor 2 atm.

Didn't know that. I don't think it's realistic. Nevertheless tires should wear quicker with low pressure.
From what they told me, it's realistic, but irl it would destroy the tires way too quickly. But again, that's what they told me, dunno if it's true

Hi Guys, I would like to start racing online with RF2, but there are a few basic things that I would like to know first, I am hoping someone can help me with.

I do hope someone is able to help ...
On this site click on the car Banners---then look at schedule/ results drivers there are very fast and race settings are with no assists --that will give you some indications on lap times..
https://www.raceconnect.com/#rfactor-2 Edit doesn't work but you can see the Adress

I just ask Crew Chief after doing a few laps, and add some surplus to what he tells me as he tends to be a bit too strict with the fuel. But honestly, if your intention is to race with the RD racing club, then it's rarely needed anyway as the amount of fuel needed is usually discussed before the race anyway :)

Same goes for setups - you will at least get some tips if you ask, and it's quite likely someone will send you a whole setup (though there's of course no guarantee the setup will work for you, but that goes for any setup, really). Sharing setups is quite easy in rF2.

@Buster for VR it is also worth amending your player.Json file as follows

Rear view mirror render distance
search for "Rearview_Back_Clip " the number is the render distance in meters ( 0 is no limit )
(I have this set to 30mtrs)

Lowering details of cars in garage
search for "Garage Detail" , set it to 0.01

Reducing number of headlight in effect
search for " "Max Headlights":256, "
I have this set to 20 (change 256 to 20) plenty enough and saves fps

Hopefully we will see you soon for some LMP3 action on Saturdays :D

@Stephen Gibb ..odd ..I found "Rearview_Back_Clip" and made the changes that you recommended ..but the other 2 tips "Garage Detail" Max Headlights ..I could not find.
That's very strange I have double checked them all in my player.json file and I found them all using notepads find function the only one I had a problem with was Opponent Detail but I just dropped Detail from the search and it worked also here are another couple that should help improve performance.

Rearview_Back_Clip to 30
Max Headlights to 20
Garage Detail to 0.01
Opponent Detail to 1
Opponent Texture Override to 3
Rearview Particles to False

Lowering details of cars in garage
search for "Garage Detail" , set it to 0.01

Reducing number of headlight in effect
search for " "Max Headlights":256, "
I have this set to 20 (change 256 to 20) plenty enough and saves fps

As far as i know visible headlights is hardcoded. I’m not 100% sure if these adjustments have effect. And it’s possible they are not in the player.json any more.

@Buster : If you don’t want to test, trail and error for hours: Keep it simple and use in game settings. It wil save you some headaches.
There is a lot to tweak in the player.json. But a lot are placeholders or obsolete settings. Some introduce conflicts. Maybe not now but in the future.

If you do want to tweak things in files: Make sure you know what is what. Revert back to default settings once in a while, with a clean rF2 shader cache, player.json, config.ini etc...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back