HELP!! How the heck do you set up a Porsche?

I cannot for the life of me get a stable setup for a Porsche. No matter what I do, the damn thing always seems to have a very sudden snap oversteer that is virtually impossible to predict -- at least in my experience. And once the ass kicks loose, I can't find a way to bring it back under control. It just has a mind of its own.
I've been running the first 2 race "easy" Porsche championship .. over and over and over and over and over .. just the first race. Heck! I can't even qualify above last, so I'm starting from a SERIOUS disadvantage. And since to 'complete' the championship you have to finish the thing in at least 4th place, it makes absolutely no sense to go past the first race without winning some points. .. Which I have been totally unable to do. .. Seriously, I've spent probably 8 to 10 hrs trying to place at least 4th in just that first race.
I don't get it. What am I doing wrong? Are Porsches really that insanely difficult to control? .. There's gotta be some way to set it up to make it easier to control.

A bit late to post but here's some suggestions:

Move the brake bias more to the front, for example 63F to 37R
Up the coast setting to change how easily does the car go into power-off oversteer
Play around with the power setting, less power = more manouverable when on the throttle but can get more sideways; more power = more throttle on understeer but overall the car under acceleration is more stable.

However the biggest thing is to tweak your mindset when driving it. With other cars you might get away with missing braking points even slightly but with the Porsches you must be spot on otherwise you'll lose it at the apex. Remember that even with slight acceleration the weight moves to the rear wheels so that helps the traction.
Throttle control is key with all Porsches. Never fully release the throttle.
One last thing: Don't push yourself too much with it, because when you cross the limit you'll spin 9 out of 10 times. Once you get into a comfort zone you can use the natural tendency of the car to oversteer to your advantage.

Good luck.:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back