help, how do i remove the "look to apex" going on here?

How do I remove what you see in this video?

The camera is swaying left to right, as if i have some "look ahead" on but i don't:

youl.jpg

If anyone can point me to some setting i can edit to dampen this effect, it would be most appreciated.

I do remember this. It was a long time ago so it's hard to remember the exact place to look to turn it off. I do know it's called "Look to apex" as your thread implies. I thought it was in the plr. Did have a quick look but didn't find it there.

I think it maybe in the controller ini. The look ahead setting isn't what your looking for. I'm sure it's "Look to apex".

Ok, Just found this at No grip forums. It a OLD post! Haha.. Like I said, It's been awhile since I've seen this..

Look to Apex

I have not found a setting for this in game, but rF does have it, in the *.PLR file. It is a great feature, but it is simply set to 0.00 in rF.

Just edit these lines in the PLR file in notepad or wordpad:

Lookahead Angle="0.45000" // rotates head into turns
Leanahead Angle="0.08000" // leans head into turns

They are both originally set to 0.00000
Adjust to personal preferences.
smile.gif

I now know what the problem is. In cam files, i've been lowering the OrientationRate from mod defaults (anywhere between 360 to 999) right down to 6, and the video shows what happens if you do this. At least It's solved now, even if it was all my fault in the first place!

I did this to get rid of most of the cockpit wobble I get, so now I need a method to minimize all the shaking, etc. Any help appreciated there!

Look in your .plr file for these lines:

Glance Rate="7.00000" // Rate to follow controller for glancing
Look Up/Down Angle="0.40000" // Angle to look up/down (pitch) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
Leanahead Angle="0.00000" // Angle to lean head (roll) w/ steering in radians (= degrees / 57)
Look Roll Angle="0.75000" // Angle to lean head (roll) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
Glance Angle="0.75000" // Angle to look left/right (yaw) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
Lookahead Angle="0.00000" // Angle to lookahead (yaw) w/ steering in radians (= degrees / 57)
Head Physics="0.50000" // Fraction of head physics movement applied to cockpit view (position AND rotation)
Head Rotation="1.00000" // Additional head physics multiplier affecting rotation only
Exaggerate Yaw="0.08000" // Visually exaggerates the heading angle of the vehicle by rotating the head (which may improve "feel")

Primarily Glance Rate and Glance Angle for the sensitivity and amount of head turning; also Lookahead which, if I remember well, has your view follow the road even before you start turning.

Look in your .plr file for these lines:

Glance Rate="7.00000" // Rate to follow controller for glancing
Look Up/Down Angle="0.40000" // Angle to look up/down (pitch) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
Leanahead Angle="0.00000" // Angle to lean head (roll) w/ steering in radians (= degrees / 57)
Look Roll Angle="0.75000" // Angle to lean head (roll) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
Glance Angle="0.75000" // Angle to look left/right (yaw) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)
Lookahead Angle="0.00000" // Angle to lookahead (yaw) w/ steering in radians (= degrees / 57)
Head Physics="0.50000" // Fraction of head physics movement applied to cockpit view (position AND rotation)
Head Rotation="1.00000" // Additional head physics multiplier affecting rotation only
Exaggerate Yaw="0.08000" // Visually exaggerates the heading angle of the vehicle by rotating the head (which may improve "feel")

Primarily Glance Rate and Glance Angle for the sensitivity and amount of head turning; also Lookahead which, if I remember well, has your view follow the road even before you start turning.
in CM there was a setting called NeckFX turned that off and it was the solution
. thanks though

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 349 28.3%