Help for a shifter mount.

Eagle Racer

Driver for Rookie Monsters, NetRex and SlyFox
Hi everyone,

I know that it is a bit of an unorthodox post here but I shall explain what this post is now. I am a Year 10 (9th grade/ grade 9/ whatever it is for you) GCSE Product Design student and one of my projects is to build a shifter mount that could theoretically be mass produced. To do this, I am asking a lot of people; teammates, friends, etc, a few questions about their setup/rig. I decided, to get more accurate results, to post those questions here as well. If you would like to help, please answer these questions below. The only requirement for answering the questions is that you must use a H-pattern or sequential shifter regularly.

-What shifter do you own?
-Do you have a rig? If yes, what rig is it? (
You can include a picture if you have one)
-Roughly where is the shifter placed?
-Does the shifter position feel realistic? What could be improved about it?

Thanks to everyone who responds. Your feedback will be taken into account when building this.

Thanks again,
Peter J.

Fanatec CS 1.5 and Pro-Sim H pattern​
-Do you have a rig? If yes, what rig is it? (You can include a picture if you have one)
Sim-Lab P1​
To my right where it would be on a real car.​
The shifter position feels great. It's angled down a bit at the front and angled out a bit in the back. That seems to fit well.

Images below show how both shifters were/are mounted.
Both were angled out at the back and down at the front to match the rig.

hshiftcantright_4152.jpg
ProSim_4162.jpg
ProSim_4161.jpg

Upvote 0
-What shifter do you own? - Fanatec Clubsport Shifter SQ v1.5.

-Do you have a rig? If yes, what rig is it? - Yes, sort of custom rig built from 80/20 aluminium profiles.

-Roughly where is the shifter placed? - On the right, close to the wheel rim, just in front of the seat (using Sim Lab Fanatec Club Sport shifter mount)

-Does the shifter position feel realistic? What could be improved about it? - It feels OK. Shifters are in different positions in different cars, whereas mine is in a static position for all cars. I would prefer to be able to easily and quickly change its position, but this is not possible with how I have the mount cutrrently attached.

Upvote 0
Logitech G27 shifter
-Do you have a rig? If yes, what rig is it? GT Omega Pro cockpit with a seat from a Subaru Impreza, G27 pedals and some custom pedals I made coincidentally for my Product Design A Level!
To my left to mimic rhd cars in the UK, on the factory GT Omega mount. About level with my legs when sitting in the cockpit, at a reach of about 130 degree elbow angle
Yes, the GT Omega rig is very adjustable in this regard, I cannot think how I could improve it however. An improvement in the same vein would be a proper mounting for a button box project I will be making in the upcoming days!

Upvote 0
Fanatec CS 1.5 and Pro-Sim H pattern​
-Do you have a rig? If yes, what rig is it? (You can include a picture if you have one)
Sim-Lab P1​
To my right where it would be on a real car.​
The shifter position feels great. It's angled down a bit at the front and angled out a bit in the back. That seems to fit well.

Images below show how both shifters were/are mounted.
Both were angled out at the back and down at the front to match the rig.

View attachment 311792 View attachment 311793 View attachment 311794
Do I see a Heusinkveld sequential too? Nice looking rig, must be very expensive.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 225 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.7%
  • < 5 years