Help deciding which new wheel to get

Hey there, i currently have a dfgt and want to get rid of it soon.
The wheels that are on my radar are currently the g27/g29, t300rs and the t500.
Can't stretch beyond the price of the t500 unfortunately.
Would appreciate if people could give me some pros and cons of each of these.
Thanks in advance

IMHO, t300rs or t500.
Pros: they have decent power and are belt-driven with decent reliability. Known to work well with all sims.

G27/G29 are weak and gear-driven. They suffer even more under more demanding sims, like rF2 (flatspotting tires and offroad and bad bumps cause very loud rattling). Weak means you have a very small dynamic range for FFB without clipping.

Upvote 0
Safe the money and buy a belt driven wheel. Best choice is the t500.
I had the g27 before and changed to Fanatec Porsche GT3 RS v2 and it was like night an day.... the Porsche (belt) is nearly not noticable because its so quiet.
The g27 is according to that loud as hell!
The FFB is also more sensitive and accurate.

3 Collegues updated last month to the t500rs and some of them which had the Porsche wheel they said its a next step. It means the FFB is here even better then by the Porsche wheel.

So its better you safe the money and buy the t500.
Its the better choice. Buy only once but for longer time. The waiting is worth it.

Upvote 0
Speaking of upgrading, I also intend to upgrade to a t300 GTE from my 2 year old G27. So having a look around I found a couple of sites where it is available for 199 pounds in UK compared to 231 pounds on Amazon. So, my question: Is there a catch here in terms of reliability, warranty, etc. ?

https://www.box.co.uk/Thrustmaster_...DYAT_YjmBQSTaIFMrEPAfr4HV7dF1lMyxgaAthA8P8HAQ
You can chat with them, a little chat box pops up at bottom right, I spoke to a man called Raj and he says they only do 1 year warranty. More computers sells it for 30 pounds more however do 2 years warranty

Upvote 0
I prefer the T300 over the T500, it has smoother but still strong FFB. You also might want to look at the Fanatec CSL Elite with the P1 rim. Total cost is just over $400, but the performance is materially better than the T300. Stronger yet still smooth FFB with the superior Fanatec rim options.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back