Help converting GTR2 Subaru?

S

Stiggles

• Stiggles

Since we've finally gotten a rally track in the game (Joux Plane) I thought it would be great to get some good old-fashioned rally car madness going. There are too few 4WD cars in Evo. The only ones are the R8, the RS4 and... that's it... too much Audi, and way too much power. I wanted a little, turbo-charged, Japanese sedan instead.

With this in mind, I've been trying to muddle my way through doing a conversion of the stock Subaru STi addon that was released a while back for GTR2. (For my own use, at least, if I can't track down permissions)

Unfortunately I've made no progress on it, well, not much anyway, and have a couple questions:

1. What is the bare minimum needed for a new car class to show up in the menu screen?

Currently I have been trying to create a "Production Cars" class (It will probably be better than building a Subaru STi Class). But I have not been able to bring it up at all. I've followed the instructions that were provided on NoGrip, but I think something is wrong with my files that has halted this...

2. What files are needed to run a car in Evo? Or at least to have it appear in the lists?

I've unpacked all the GTR2 files with the demo copy of 3dSimEd, I've tried to modify the .cas and other files to match up to what is mentioned in the NoGrip Evo modding guide. Yet I still can't bring the car into the game and instead I get a minidump when I start.

Once I get the car to show up in its own class, then I'll worry about the other niggling problems like the gauges and the textures... and the wing... (that horrible, horrible, disgusting wing)

Anyone have any ideas, a walkthrough, anything?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back