Help converting an object

i got this christmas tree lights from free model site. i converted to 3ds then xpacked it placed it on track in btb, but when i went to load track in game gave me error.

can someone fix this for me and upload it thanks.

here is the object.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8JIQ5DIK

here is the object placed in BTB, but no work in game.
aaasddf.jpg

if its possible to reduce the amount of polygons then its great , if not its also great.
and thank you in advance.

max optimise modifier wont work well when there are multiple elements making up an object.. and attached together.. to get the most out of optimise you would have used it on each element before attaching (welding) the elements together, thats why your not getting good results with it.
you could get it down even further ide say.. each cylinder you could only have 5 sides and no length cross sections. then apply diff material to the end cap face rather then creating another cylinder for the the bulb part.. the main pole again, a 5 sided cylinder will do, with no length cross sections.. u could make it the whole thing with a couple of 100 polys or less

yup, i agree... i like to have some stuff high poly.. i guess it all depends on what it is. avioni sounded like he wanted to reduce is it as much as he could. But if his track is near completion and its still running smooth, then sure add a few high poly track cosmetics in, as much as you can get away with :p

ive not heard of meshlab, ive heard mixed comments about blender, tho not tried it myself. Im sure there are tons of alternates to max for making game optimised things.

I managed to open it with Sketchup 8 finally - it was something like a Component and such things does not work with xpacker. Then found more than 700 vertices and over 2600 faces (????), four materials... :D You guys must have trucks to carry your computers LOL

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 226 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 153 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 218 14.2%