[Help] Changing FFB breaks input

Hello, very new both here and to PC racing in general. I'm using a G29 w/shifter with the latest driver, Logitech Hub (LGS wasn't working for me), and Windows 10.

I'm used to a stronger FFB in the top few degrees of my wheel, AC is currently providing next to no resistance until pretty steep into a turn. If I can't fix this I'm just gonna go back to console racing.

When I try to change my minimum FFB in AC or CM by any amount, the game loses all input from my wheel, pedals, and shifter altogether, despite the fact it still reads within the controls menu of both AC and CM. Is this normal? Am I changing the wrong setting? How can I tighten up my FFB?

Side note: following an installation guide for CM, I was also pointed towards WheelCheck and the LUT generator; WheelCheck will not work for me. I click the appropriate test and it just... sits. I tried waiting for 5 minutes just to see if it was working in the background, but to no avail.

Update: I am now realizing there is no FFB effect present whatsoever. My wheel is just in a dummy spring mode when the game is recognizing any input at all. I full sent the car into a guard rail and there was no wheel reaction. Now searching for help with THIS issue...

I do also have the G29 wheel and everything works ok for me. My wheel also starting to act weird the last couple of weeks..starting with not being aligned in the middle and so on and so on, but i never had that issue. Are you using CM to start AC? If you, can you check in the settings if your wheel is shown with the name? What version of CM are you using?And maybe can you make a screenshot of your FFB settings in CM?

I literally have the same problem, the wheel won't respond to inputs from the game re-installed the game several times to no avail. Although this has just started to happen to me in dirt rally 2.0 as well so it might be drivers related or something. If you manage to fix it post the fix please.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%