HELP!! Can't Get OtterHud To Work.....

I've followed all the instructions in this thread for OtterHud, but still can't get it to display on screen in R3E.

FWIW, I use the latest version of Crew Chief and enabled its "WebHUD Integration" option for R3E. And I also copy/pasted the launch options for Otter Hud in R3E in Steam. But I still see no difference in the onscreen HUD from default.

I'm probably doing something wrong, so here's a description of what I've tried --- I start by launching Crew Chief, then I open Steam and start up R3E from there. Is that what I should be doing? Or is there something that I need to activate in-game as well? Or is there something else I'm missing?

Note: I didn't see any files to download to "install" OtterHud. Did I miss something there?

Any help to get OtterHud activated and working would be greatly appreciated! I'm a bit frustrated at this point.

Thanks!

OK - One last question about OtterHud, please.

I understand how to enable, resize and move various display elements. Very nice. But I find that I need a different "layout" for VR than for single-screen. Is there any way to save different "layouts" based upon whether you play in VR or not? And...if so, is this done simply by enabling, resizing and moving the various display elements while in VR? (They are quite small and hard to read in VR right now.)

Thanks!

You can save up to three different layouts. See the L1, L2 and L3 buttons on the left side of the screen? Click those to access each layout. So yep, you can have separate layouts for 2D and VR. :thumbsup:

Also worth noting: By default, R3E places the WebHUD very close to you in VR space, making it very small and hard to read. Go to your controller assignments, and in the VR section bind the Increase and Decrease HUD Distance functions. Moving the HUD away from you also makes it increase in size, making it far easier to read and better positioned too. By doing this, I have no need of multiple layouts... I can read it fine on both monitor and in VR. :cool:

Thanks, Ross! You've been a BIG help in answering my questions. Changing HUD Distance helped quite a bit, but some things are still somewhat difficult to read - but that's the nature of VR in my experience.

No worries Bert, glad to be of help. :) Yeah, certain things can still be a bit tough to read. Tyre wear is the main one for me... it's fine at first, but the font goes smaller when the wear rate (% per lap) appears. Otter is adding an option to turn that off in the next version though.

Oh, if you're still finding the position bar hard to read and don't want to make it too big, you can adjust the number of positions it shows. Reducing the number (Mine is set to 5 I think) makes the remaining positions display in a larger font, and so are easier to read.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 190 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.8%