HELP! Bodnar SimSteering V2 Degrees of Rotation Matching Virtual Car Problems

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Hello folks,

EDIT: Found the solution, which can be seen in THIS POST. Enjoy!

I'm after a bit of help if any knowledgeable souls are willing to feed into this conversation please..?

I've recently picked up a used Leo Bodnar SimSteering V2 direct drive wheel (which is an awesome piece of kit btw), and I'm just in the process of getting it configured for the various sims.

Regarding AC, I'm struggling to find and set the correct settings to get my real wheel degrees of rotation to match that of the in game car wheel.

What I'd like to know is if anyone could tell me what I set my bodnar wheel range at, and what I have to set within the software please?

I find if I set it to 1180 in sim and wheel (the maximum the sim seems to let me apply - although the wheel goes as far as 1440), this kinda matches the in sim range up to a point but not 100%, nor for the full rotation of the virtual wheel.

So, if anyone can advise please I'd appreciate it. Oh, while we are at it - if you've any settings over and above the degrees of rotation, that would be great too - thanks!

Many thanks

Paul

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 197115

This is for OSW.
upload_2019-5-19_10-10-42.png

• Deleted member 197115

Thank you Andrew,

Will check it soon as I've grabbed a quick bit to eat.

One assumes this gives a 1:1 match between real and virtual wheels?

Much appreciated mate

Paul
Within specific car DOR, there is no wheel stop, so real wheel will move outside specific car range up to 1180.

CM has proper support for hardware lock (the native AC is pretty harsh) but it only works for some wheels, including Simucube.
upload_2019-5-19_10-30-14.png

Can you try to set both to 900° and check if it stays the same please :)
The virtual steering wheel rotation setting is configurable in the graphics options. It only goes up to 450 degrees per side for me.
I can't test above 900 degrees in my wheel but it might be worth a try to rule out a few things :)

• Deleted member 197115

1180 in game and driver, scale 100% should give you 1:1 match and will provide the right steering ratio for all cars.
Take Miura for a spin, it has 1170 DOR and virtual wheel will stop just 10 degrees short of 1180 real wheel hard limit.

Damn.. I have no clue anymore :(
I mean due to my seating position I got a virtual distortion on the wheel position so I'm actually running 880° in CM and 900° in the wheel settings.
Maybe just do the same? Adjust one of the values until they are synced again for now...

• Deleted member 197115

Is Leo Bodnar 1440 lock to lock for 1180 settings or virtual wheel?
Try to match them with scale, but if everything is reported properly, with your settings you should be getting 1:1 already, could be something Leo wheel specific.

Is Leo Bodnar 1440 lock to lock for 1180 settings or virtual wheel?
Try to match them with scale, but if everything is reported properly, with your settings you should be getting 1:1 already, could be something Leo wheel specific.

Hi Man,

Oh how deeply annoying this is!! Lol.

Ok thanks for the advice. I've got it set in profile and AC as 1180 (which is AC max) and I've now updated the scale to 1.3 as that's my rotation / 900... 1180 / 900 = 1.3111111

But, in game it makes no difference, I'm still getting the same issue..

Over on AC forums (for people who read this thread in future with the same issue), I've been advised this:

"To match the degrees of rotation, it depends on the firmware you have installed, if it is 3.9 or before you just have to set whatever value in game equal or smaller than the one in the simsteering driver. And set the lock in the driver equal or higher than the car lock. If it is equal you will have the driver soft lock.

If you have fw 3.16 or 3.17, you have to know how much rotation the wheel is reporting to windows, you can see it and change it in the windows joystick configuration, and set the same rotation in game. So, if the full rotation for windows is 1200 degrees, you have to set 1200 degrees in AC too. If you change the lock in the driver now, it only set the soft lock, but the virtual and real wheel will be in sync always.

I recomend you to set the lock in windows to 1200, to cover all the cars rotation, maximum is 1500 but you can not set more than 1200 in ACC, and create presets in the simsteering driver with different locks for each car if you want to use soft lock. Presets can be loaded from content manager automatically. For saving the presets you have to run the simsteering driver as administrator."

Link - https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...eering2-with-assetto-cpu-warning.44704/page-2

However I've asked for clarification on the windows controller thing, as I'm unsure as to what that means...

Cheers

• Deleted member 197115

Hi Man,

Oh how deeply annoying this is!! Lol.

Ok thanks for the advice. I've got it set in profile and AC as 1180 (which is AC max) and I've now updated the scale to 1.3 as that's my rotation / 900... 1180 / 900 = 1.3111111
Afraid you didn't read it right, Paul.
/ 900 should be used if you set lock at 900 in AC, for 1180 it should be /1180, like in this post
So technically for 1180 controller and 1180 AC, the scale 1180/1180 = 100%.
But in your case it's off, so you need to find out what custom scale to use so they match.

Thanks man!

View attachment 306656

this is mine at 90 deg

Afraid you didn't read it right, Paul.
/ 900 should be used if you set lock at 900 in AC, for 1180 it should be /1180, like in this post
So technically for 1180 controller and 1180 AC, the scale 1180/1180 = 100%.
But in your case it's off, so you need to find out what custom scale to use so they match.

Paul, open wheelcheck again. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to tell you to turn it to 90°. I meant to say:
TURN THAT F00CKER TO THE MAX!

And note down the value wheelcheck shows :)
Then adjust the value in the simsteering control panel until the maximum you can turn the wheel actually is the correct value in wheelecheck.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 96 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 71 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 77 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 49 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 105 13.8%