Help! Assetto Corsa goes back to previous screen

I don't know how familiar you are with AC and to rule out something obvious:
AC opens a 'flash player on youtube' like window where the actual driving is taking place. The title and option menu run in a different window.

Apart from the above, do you get any error messages either from the game or windows?

I don't know how familiar you are with AC and to rule out something obvious:
AC opens a 'flash player on youtube' like window where the actual driving is taking place. The title and option menu run in a different window.

Apart from the above, do you get any error messages either from the game or windows?

I've only just started playing it :/ I can't seem to find a secondary window and no messages at all just straight back to the main screen.

Make sure AC is properly installed.
Please run a 'check integrity of game cache' from the game properties in the steam library (right click AC -> properties).
Did you experience this kind of behavior from other games as well or only with AC?

I have the same problem now too....also ran a integrity check :( However I found that the game works in practice mode but when I do qck race or race weekend .....no dice. A log is generated but I don't understand the reading.
If I find out the problem I will post .Yes I do have addon tracks and 3 mods 997, DP & GP2

I have the same problem now too....also ran a integrity check :( However I found that the game works in practice mode but when I do qck race or race weekend .....no dice. A log is generated but I don't understand the reading.
If I find out the problem I will post .Yes I do have addon tracks and 3 mods 997, DP & GP2
Please remove all addon-, mod- material and try again.
Include one track, one mod at a time and try it afterwards everytime.
Either one particular mod/track is causing it, or the combination of two or more particular mods/tracks is responsible.

Also, you can attach the log file here, this will be of service for all.

Please remove all addon-, mod- material and try again.
Include one track, one mod at a time and try it afterwards everytime.
Either one particular mod/track is causing it, or the combination of two or more particular mods/tracks is responsible.

Also, you can attach the log file here, this will be of service for all.

I've sorted it, there was a file missing which caused it to not let me drive :p However I can practice etc but when I click the start button before a race...literally nothing happens :(

I've sorted it, there was a file missing which caused it to not let me drive :p However I can practice etc but when I click the start button before a race...literally nothing happens :(

Also, if a missing file somehow passed the integrity check it might be useful to others that have the problem in the future if you can let people know what file it was so they can search for this thread and check that particular file.

What about me ? mine still doesn't work .....:( Hahaa just kidding when I reach home I'll just remove all the mods and see how that goes. If that doesn't work.....then I'll reinstall the entire game again. Wait should I post the crash log still ?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 206 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 111 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 211 14.3%