Help! Assetto Corsa goes back to previous screen

Trying different ways to fix this game I unchecked the GPU Accelerated Launcher then game wouldn't start causing Steam Error " cannot initialize " I uninstalled steam and it deleted everything and all I can do is laugh myself to sleep now :mad: further down in a thread I found was -

This "Steam cannot be initialized. Closing" error now occurs if GPU accelerated launcher is unticked (i just made the mistake). Then, Assetto Corsa won't start anymore.
If you made the same mistake: go to Documents/assetto corsa/cfg. Open the launcher file and set GPUACCEL=1 (instead of GPUACCEL=0).
Then, no need to uninstall Steam nor check file integrity, etc... ;)

Hahaaa.....Goodnight!!

please help me too I have same problem and I tried the following
reinstall steam / game (also deleated from my documents)
remove acs.exe and assetto from avg virus scanner ( didn't try firewall from control panel ill try when I get back home)
changed resolution
validity check
checked headphone if there enabled as main audio device cause I don't have soundcard (can this be the problem)
unplugged g25 and plugged again.
what happens exactly is when I press start engine it says loading then for a milli second a windows pops up and the start toolbar and then goes back again to main screan.
I have bought this game to days ago and never played it yet and get very frustrated ( so close yet so far)

Please help
p.s my graphics card is NVidia GeForce g100 ( can you check if its below minimum)

thanks again

This may sound too obvious, but I had this problem for some time until I found out that AC, for some reason, was resetting my screen resolution back to the minimum, which prevented the racing screen from opening. That tends to happen after an upgrade or DLC download. It might be useful to check the screen resolution in Options before doing anything more drastic.

Last edited:
tried most of the fixes to this issue on various forums.
- turned off full screen render
- [THREADING] USE_TIMER_PROCESS=0 in cfg
- tried different display resolutions
- effects set to default
- steam files integrity check
- direct x updates.

the one that eventually worked was to set "Force 32 bit" within AC options. Yippee.

tried most of the fixes to this issue on various forums.
- turned off full screen render
- [THREADING] USE_TIMER_PROCESS=0 in cfg
- tried different display resolutions
- effects set to default
- steam files integrity check
- direct x updates.

the one that eventually worked was to set "Force 32 bit" within AC options. Yippee.
Try to install (or reinstall) vc redist x64 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\_CommonRedist\vcredist\2013
Then try the game, and if doesn't work in 64bit, restart pc. Then again if doesn't work, install vc redist from that folder, but from 2012 and 2010.

But the problem of the game only running in 32bit is because the pc is missing the vc redist 64 packages to be installed/updated. Install that can fix it.

@chris aloisio you need to enable directx10.1 support from the files, because by default the game is on dx11 and your card only supports dx9 and 10.

Open graphics.ini from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg and enable dx10. Change the 0 to 1.
New to Assetto Corsa but I am running Nvidia GTS 250 and it looks like it only supports DX10 so I followed this method and fixed my problem.

This happened to me today and I've found out that problem has occured just after "geforce experience" has updated my drivers and "optimized" AC. When I've entered the "video settings" of AC, I've seen that my gameplay resolution was changed to "320 X something". I've changed it to "1920 X 1080" and it's been fixed.

Hope helps someone - peace out

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back