Help/Advise Wanted regarding Race on/07 on Laptops

Jimi Hughes

RDMCC S6 Champion
Hi,
I am currently considering a leap from the console sim world to PC sim. I am a huge fan of Race Pro and as there are no other all out simulation games available for xbox I would like to progress into the PC simulation games as there are a better selection.
I have a Dell Inspiron 1545 with Windows Vista. It has a pentium Dual-core CPU and 32bit operating system (Non of which means much to me), I was wondering If Race On or Race 07 will run well nough or at all on this laptop?

If so, as I understand I will be able to connect my Microsoft Wireless Racing Wheel to the laptop and go racing hopefully.

If anyone could get back to me and let me know if these games will work on my laptop could you please let me know?

Thanks,

Jimi

type dxdiag in to the start menu search bar mate. will show you all ya laptop specs, cpu speed, ram ect.
The display tab will show you what gpu you have.

Post ya spec and we can find out.

Not sure exactly what you need, got a few bits here:
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS Plus version 1.10 A07
Processor: Pentium Dual Core CPU T400@ 2.00GHz ~ 2.0GHz
Memory: 3034MB RAM

Under graphics, it says Mobile intel(R) 4 series chipset family, and available graphics memory is 4293MB. Also, its running DirectX10.

Demo is downloading now, Cheers for the help

Good Luck mate. lower thre graphics settings ingame to try and get the best of it, also lower screen res will help. Intel make gr8 cpu's but gpu's meh

Let me know how it goes

Just given the Demo a test run. Appears to run ok, very slight glitch/jerky gameplay when running in a race with other cars. Other than that it is definately driveable just with lower quality graphics obviously. Am i right in thinking the microsoft wireless wheel can be linked to t he laptop via an xbox wireless reciever? Will try that, run it on the demo when i go home back to my wheel and then hopefully buy the game an go racing.

Thanks for all the help, hope to be online racing soon once the wheel is sorted

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 87 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 71 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 43 6.3%
  • < 5 years