Helmet Visor View _ WIP :)

Hi Guy,s
Nearly finished on my Visor App Mod :)
Just Need to work on the different Visors so any requests now is the time ,
The mod how I have it now turns on and off like an App so its not much fuss to use,

Anyway ill not bore you too long should be available tomorrow , I think :thumbsup:
2013-12-08_00001.jpg

PS What are the Requested sizes going to be? I use 1280x720p Ill make one 1920x1080p not too sure what the other is I think its 2550x1440 Anyway let me know Guy,s;)

It's kinda tricky. Each helmet is different, due to the many types. It also depends on your line of sight, and its almost impossible to replicate a varying depth of field in a 2D template.

I've made a .psd file based around my own helmet. The top part is barely visible and your brain removes it when driving as its out of your line of sight.

The chin piece is much more in your line of sight, and it more or less blocks out anything under you or near your chest area. However, when driving, you dont focus on it and therefore it shouldn't block your vision of driving. I've made a guestimate in my template.

As for the visor strip, I personally dont have one on my newest helmet, but have one on my older one. Its probably down to personal preference on this on how far down you want it, but I've made it with a less of a curve on it though compared to the original. Its also its own layer so move it up/down as you wish. Its just a block of colour so use clipping masks to make any original images/logos fit the shape of the box.

Template is based on the largest size - easier to downsize than to upsize without loss of pixel quality :)
File:
http://www.surrealillusions.co.uk/Templates/Templae 1440p.psd
That is Great Thank,s
I think that we both had the same idea with the PSD I just created one with 4 Different visor tints and 2 different dust and much layers so that they can be adjusted I just used the 4 RGB Colours so to make a variety of tints anyway check it out please and let me know what you think I will add your template to the mod if that is ok? :thumbsup:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/b1ffssk1tf9w1bx/Templates(2).zip

I think the fuzzy soft style of graphic is more realistic as our eyes focus on the road and not on the helmet interior. Being older myself, that effect is quite evident as I am using reading glasses as I type this and all I see is a blurred fuzzy frame - no detail at all. The same is true of dirt and scratches, they are going to be blurred to a great extent. Of course, on a 2D screen, our eyes are not going to work the same as real depth of field so these have to be built into the effects to be believable IMO. The more noticeable consequence of dirt and scratches usually comes from glare or glints of light reflection.

Whatever the outcome, I am glad to see the effort being made to include this effect in AC as it is something that I always use in Pcars.

Sure, no worries. It's there as a building block to build on. I may update it slightly, include some other options in there in their own layers.

I like the idea of blurring it actually, as its out of focus when driving - but I'm unsure of artificially blurring it as everything else on screen is in focus, and our minds will focus on whatever it needs to (the road in front hopefully) with the wheel and environment naturally blurred out. Maybe give the option of both, down to personal preference then when you build your own.

Sure, no worries. It's there as a building block to build on. I may update it slightly, include some other options in there in their own layers.

I like the idea of blurring it actually, as its out of focus when driving - but I'm unsure of artificially blurring it as everything else on screen is in focus, and our minds will focus on whatever it needs to (the road in front hopefully) with the wheel and environment naturally blurred out. Maybe give the option of both, down to personal preference then when you build your own.
Yes I have just uploaded what I have just now:thumbsup:
Always appreciate help from the community so anything you wish to add send me a link and ill test out your work I will be adding more things to the mod it will just grow:thumbsup:

Yes - our eyes do blur naturally in the 3D world but, on a 2D screen - our eyes need some help or the detailed helmet interior kind becomes a distraction. It's a bit like using iron-sights in FPS games, the best ones IMO are blurred to some extent.

but I'm unsure of artificially blurring it as everything else on screen is in focus,

Surely a complete and active DoF like this

H9bbVDN.jpg

would be highly appreciated (who knows, maybe they are working on in and a helmet as well but I doubt it) but it not then I will be satisfied with just a slightly blurred helmet. I may have blurred it to much at first.
chargingcar said that the mod will have many versions so I'm hopping that a blurred one will also be present.

God, I would give my little toe from my left foot for AC to look like this :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back