Resource icon

Skins HELMET SKINS for the "SKIDLID" DRIVER MODEL 2019-06-27

Login or Register an account to download this content
BJ911 submitted a new resource:

HELMET SKINS for the "SKIDLID" DRIVER MODEL - Custom Helmet Skins for old style racing cars.

Custom helmet skins perfectly suited to the old style formula one cars etc.where leather helmets and skullcaps were used. The skins make use of a unique driver/helmet resource called "Skidlid" which was sourced from "Legion".
View attachment 312282 View attachment 312283 View attachment 312284 View attachment 312285 View attachment 312282 View attachment 312283 View attachment 312284 View attachment 312282 View attachment 312283...

Read more about this resource...

"NOTE : if the car's directory contains a FILE called "Data.acd", rather than a folder, that file MUST have the contents extracted first, using the "Assetto Corsa Car Tuner" app. (Download from Race Department). That will then give you access to the Data FOLDER."

Will the car still work online??

You could take advantage of the feature in CSP that lets you replace the driver model on a per skin basis without altering the data.acd.

Create a text file in the folder of the skin you want to use called ext_config.ini and add this to the file:
[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
NAME=driver_skidlid
POSITION=0.0,0.0,0.0

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET1985

Place the desired the_driver_au.dds in that folder as well.
This is how the Real Helmets mod works.

Edit:
Attached config as example.

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    111 bytes · Views: 184
You could take advantage of the feature in CSP that lets you replace the driver model on a per skin basis without altering the data.acd.

Create a text file in the folder of the skin you want to use called ext_config.ini and add this to the file:
[DRIVER3D_MODEL]
NAME=driver_skidlid
POSITION=0.0,0.0,0.0

[DRIVER3D_HIDE_OBJECT_0]
NAME=DRIVER:HELMET1985

Place the desired the_driver_au.dds in that folder as well.
This is how the Real Helmets mod works.

Edit:
Attached config as example.

I know this is an old post, but I just posted a new thread about it. I've tried this method to change the Maserati 250f driver from the 60s driver to the pudding driver, but it didn't work at all. I got absolutely no change when I did it. Is there something I need to tweak somewhere else to get it to work properly?

I know this is an old post, but I just posted a new thread about it. I've tried this method to change the Maserati 250f driver from the 60s driver to the pudding driver, but it didn't work at all. I got absolutely no change when I did it. Is there something I need to tweak somewhere else to get it to work properly?
As far as I know, nothing has changed.
I don't believe there is any setting that needs to be enabled in CSP.

The ext_config.ini has to be placed in each skin folder (same location as the livery.png, preview.jpg, etc...)

I just tested with the 12 Cylinder 250f and it's still working, although you may have to hide some objects in first person (more info here).

Make sure your file is an .ini and not a .ini.txt as well by disabling "Hide extensions for known file types" in Windows folder options.
Screenshot 2021-04-02 200651.png

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 264 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 174 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 128 7.4%