F1 2012 Helmet models for Photoshop

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Firstly I must apologise for not getting this exactly how I wanted it to be.

But in theory, you shouldn''t be able to get hold of the helmet model in this years game at all....although I have tried.

In the download we have both helmets with and without rear fin.

Both include wireframes aswell.

I have left my little logo on the template....so if you use the model at all I would be appreciated if you leave it there (many thanks).

I only wish I could have done it a little better, but I will keep trying, and if I can improve the model at all.....I will update the download file.

So this is the best I can offer for now.....

.......my head hurts!!

:sneaky:

ENJOY!!!

helmets.jpg

DOWNLOAD HERE

Providing you are merging new lines onto a new layer this shouldn't happen.

Try to do different lines on different layers, that way you can arrange them as you like on the 2d template and merge them there when finished.

Also make sure the layer you are merginging too isn't under another layer....make sure it is the top layer. Again you can re-arrange them after.

Other than that, I can't really say what the problem you may have is as I have never had this problem.

Hey ML. Another question for you. Sometimes when I merge a simple line to the 2d picture it comes out as just random spots of white color. I have a picture to show you what I mean. You can barely see it underneath the lines that are obviously visible and fine.
EDIT: And also, sometimes the things I draw to the 2d template wont update to the 3d model. and when I open the 2d model again, it goes back to the point where it no longer updated the 3d model. I hope you understand at least something. Very frustrating, happened when I did a helmet on an other computer as well.

After your post I actually went and done a helmet with multiple lines on multiple layers and couldn't reproduce what has happened in you pic.

Strange that you are having this problem.

:cautious:

HI ML2166. Just a quick Thanks, im finally painting helmets on your 3d model. Actually im just sticking logos on but im very happy with that.
The 3d models are so much easier to use.
I use cs5 32 bit. theres only the 3d model to start but i try to merge a logo direst, then it gives me the 2d texture to export. Finally.
Thanks again.

:cry::cry:
The thanks stands but my cs5 now tells me each time i try to merge down that tt cant edit that texture. @#%*... it wasnt doing this last night.

Make sure in the 2d template, you have a layer that it active.

If it has the little eye symbol missing, it can't render to that layer.

Make sure your target layer is on.

I think the thing I illustrated with the pic simply is because I merged into a layer that already had something on it. The big problem now is that it seems that photoshop somehow saves the 2d document itself and when I make changes to it, it doesn't show them in the 3d picture. And then when I reopen the 2d image the changes are not there. Its really weird and frustrating.

And another thing. I see on your video you have all kinds of logos saved to your photoshop example the arai logo. To this point I have copyed a logo from google picture search every time. I think it would be easier to just pick them up from photoshop. How do I do that? Or have I got it wrong?

Make sure in the 2d template, you have a layer that it active.

If it has the little eye symbol missing, it can't render to that layer.

Make sure your target layer is on.
thats it . thanks for the help again, again...
Also, i found that if i merge down a jpeg first, i can then merge down psd files and see them on both the 3 and 2d images.

I think the thing I illustrated with the pic simply is because I merged into a layer that already had something on it. The big problem now is that it seems that photoshop somehow saves the 2d document itself and when I make changes to it, it doesn't show them in the 3d picture. And then when I reopen the 2d image the changes are not there. Its really weird and frustrating.

And another thing. I see on your video you have all kinds of logos saved to your photoshop example the arai logo. To this point I have copyed a logo from google picture search every time. I think it would be easier to just pick them up from photoshop. How do I do that? Or have I got it wrong?
mate i would listen to Ml2166 before me. but i save the logos from google etc into a file. then i can open it in the mini bridge from photo shop. My files are called logos, brands etc etc even if you just leave it on yr desktop you can drag from there.
Also, re your images dissapearing, try to merge down a jpeg file first. ( after creating the new layer of course.) i found on my cs5 once a jpeg was down i could see all files on both. sorry if it doesnt work but it has for me.

I would save the file in psd format from the 3D model image side of things, not from the 2D template.

Close both files. Then re-open the 3D psd you just saved.

Put a new blank layer at the top of the 2D template, go back to the 3D model and try again.

Photoshop can get a bit strange every now and again.

As for the logos, I have all my logos in a logo's file on my PC.

I just go to this file and open up in PS what I need at that time from there.

While I'm new to RaceDepartment, I'm no stranger to racing sims and modding them.. I wanted to take a moment to thank ML2166 on all he has provided so quickly for F1 2012..

I'm sort of old-school, and even though I have all of the newer paint programs, I still prefer to use Paint Shop Pro 6.. For the helmet, I've used PSP6 to do most of the work, copying over to Photoshop only when I need to make sure things are lined up properly.. What ML has offered is honestly priceless.. Thank you!!

BDHelmet1.jpg

While I'm new to RaceDepartment, I'm no stranger to racing sims and modding them.. I wanted to take a moment to thank ML2166 on all he has provided so quickly for F1 2012..

I'm sort of old-school, and even though I have all of the newer paint programs, I still prefer to use Paint Shop Pro 6.. For the helmet, I've used PSP6 to do most of the work, copying over to Photoshop only when I need to make sure things are lined up properly.. What ML has offered is honestly priceless.. Thank you!!

No problem.

Hope you find it useful.

First of all thanks ML2166 for this model.
I Have a question. What I have to do to see the fin in the game? I've tryed insert texture in every gen_ XX file but the fin is not visible.

Thanks in advance.
Try a drive in a McLaren, see if it shows up then.

It's usually dependant on whether the driver you are replacing uses a fin or not.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.7%