F1 2012 Helmet models for Photoshop

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Firstly I must apologise for not getting this exactly how I wanted it to be.

But in theory, you shouldn''t be able to get hold of the helmet model in this years game at all....although I have tried.

In the download we have both helmets with and without rear fin.

Both include wireframes aswell.

I have left my little logo on the template....so if you use the model at all I would be appreciated if you leave it there (many thanks).

I only wish I could have done it a little better, but I will keep trying, and if I can improve the model at all.....I will update the download file.

So this is the best I can offer for now.....

.......my head hurts!!

:sneaky:

ENJOY!!!

helmets.jpg

DOWNLOAD HERE

Hey guys, I'm not seeing any wireframes when I open the file in CS5? I can rotate the file and all. And also in ML2166's video, there's 2d template layer (a .psb file), where do I get this? What am I doing wrong?

Sorry for noob question.

The fading is because the helmet curls to the back and to the front. Its just how photoshop works.
Now I have a simple question. When I draw a line in photoshop it allways comes as 1 single line. Does anyone know where I could get it to draw one main line and two thinner lines "surrounding" the main line. I hope atleast someone understood what I mean.

ML, maybey u might now what im doing wrong...i think its just a setting somewhere but cant find it
all goes well up untill the merging

i merge the lines down , they merge allright but the ends are faded out and dont reach the back, front...
like this

Yep you get the fading because on the model, you are only seeing the right and left outer most sides.

From this angle you don't see the centres.

The paint can only attach itself to what it can see, hence why the middle is blank.

Just follow what I did to connect the lines on the video, or you could move the helmet to front and rear views and apply lines and merge that way if it ia easier for you.

But don't forget to do it on a new blank layer, so the lines don't interfear with each other. because there will be some overlapping to remove if you do it this way.

Any other questions, just ask.

The fading is because the helmet curls to the back and to the front. Its just how photoshop works.
Now I have a simple question. When I draw a line in photoshop it allways comes as 1 single line. Does anyone know where I could get it to draw one main line and two thinner lines "surrounding" the main line. I hope atleast someone understood what I mean.

You just need to right click on the layer and apply a stroke line around it.

Try it, and see if that is what you mean't.

Hey guys, I'm not seeing any wireframes when I open the file in CS5? I can rotate the file and all. And also in ML2166's video, there's 2d template layer (a .psb file), where do I get this? What am I doing wrong?

Sorry for noob question.

Double click on the bottom layer in the layer panel on the the right to open up the 2d layer, from there you can turn on or off the wireframe guides.

You just need to right click on the layer and apply a stroke line around it.

Try it, and see if that is what you mean't.
Umm yeah sry, I forgot one thing. I need there to be gap between the "main" line and the outer lines. Ofcourse I could do three seperate lines but I was wondering is there a simpler way to do it. I mean the kind of line that is on example on hamiltons helmet where the vodafone text is.

You
Umm yeah sry, I forgot one thing. I need there to be gap between the "main" line and the outer lines. Ofcourse I could do three seperate lines but I was wondering is there a simpler way to do it. I mean the kind of line that is on example on hamiltons helmet where the vodafone text is.
can acomplish this the same way.

Make a copy of the first line, then add stroke line to the copy.

Flatten this layer and turn the fill setting too zero.

Then apply a stroke line again to the thickness you want.

Was that what you was meaning?

Try it let me know.

ML, maybey u might now what im doing wrong...i think its just a setting somewhere but cant find it
all goes well up untill the merging

i merge the lines down , they merge allright but the ends are faded out and dont reach the back, front...
like this

Another thing.

On the 3D tab in the drop down menus at the top in Photoshop....set your paint falloff to 90 x 90....will help a little.

And when doing lines etc.....always best to do the base helmet on the non finned version first.

You can finish the fin after, but can't do the base helmet too well if working on the finned helmet first, the fin will leave gaps on the main helmet.

Always best to do it the other way around.

Ok so about the line issue. I figured it out by doing a custom brush and now doing lines with that. but thanks for your efforts. ;)

That way too, didn't want to start getting too technical with custom brushes etc as I didn't know your level of understanding in PS.

Yes! "On the 3D tab in the drop down menus at the top in Photoshop....set your paint falloff to 90 x 90....will help a little." ...that fixt it Thanks!

Yep the 90x90 paint fall off will help a little bit more, on the vid I had mine set at this value.

There is no other way around joining the lines though, well not that I've found anyway.

Hey ML. Another question for you. Sometimes when I merge a simple line to the 2d picture it comes out as just random spots of white color. I have a picture to show you what I mean. You can barely see it underneath the lines that are obviously visible and fine.
EDIT: And also, sometimes the things I draw to the 2d template wont update to the 3d model. and when I open the 2d model again, it goes back to the point where it no longer updated the 3d model. I hope you understand at least something. Very frustrating, happened when I did a helmet on an other computer as well.
2qdpk0n.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 364 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.9%
  • < 5 years